Upload and Stream Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload and Stream Video

Xenforo has the ability to upload and view videos in their software, is this going to ever be possible in vb5? Video is hands down the most viewed content on the internet, it would be great for it to finally be an option for users to upload directly to a vb5 forum and have it instantly viewable by other users?

I requested it months ago. It hasn't received many votes.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17320

Comment

How to upload videos, or analyze other video sites such as bilibili, tiktok
      WTF

Comment

Download Vbtube.. It's a good Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Skyyg Skyg View Post
          How to upload videos, or analyze other video sites such as bilibili, tiktok
          Create a new REGEX for the URL of your Video and embed it in a file called bbcode_video_%product%.xml. Place your new file in the /core/includes/xml folder. Then put your site into debug mode and in the AdminCP go to Rebuild → Rebuild Video BBCodes. The file bbcode_video_vbulletin.xml contains the definitions for the default video providers. We made this extendible a few years ago.

However, this is a completely issue that what is requested in this topic.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

On Topic...

As I stated in the issue report linked above, you can already upload video on posts. We simply don't ship with these file types defined. The system will even "chunk" the output when the user downloads it, which is similar to how streaming works.

What is missing is the "insert" links similarly to how images work. I have created custom BBCodes and used them to insert videos into posts and have been able to play them without issue. Give it more votes so I can promoted it to the developers more.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment