More widget visibility options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More widget visibility options

Would love to have the option to have certain widgets only show up for certain user groups. For example, I have a "join now" type teaser image on my custom home page that I only want to show to folks who aren't logged in as authenticated users. Right now, I am having to resort to having some custom .js that hides the widget div if the user is logged in - not ideal as it flashes briefly, but works.

The option to hide the title is nice, would love a similar option to hide the border as well!

Cheers.
    Incursus: (latin: clash, collision/attack, raid, foray, invasion)
    We Create Thingz.

Thanks for your sugegstion...in order for suggestions to be looked at, we ask that they be added to our tracker.
    The link below will take you straight there:
    vB5 Improvement request
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4

Just fill in the summary and description fields, we'll complete the rest.

Note that while all suggestions in the tracker are considered, we cannot guarantee that any specific suggestion will be added to any future version of the software.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Sure, happy to throw it in the tracker. Also, that begs the question - why even have this forum if tracker input is required? Seems to me that just a simple sticky thread somewhere pointing people to the tracker would suffice

cheers.
      We Create Thingz.

Comment

The suggestions forum is for community discussion of the suggestion, that's the theory anyhow.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Ah, makes sense!
          We Create Thingz.

Comment

You can hide a widget for guests using CSS. When a visitor is not logged in, the body tag has "logged-out" class. You can use this to hide a widget. Each widget has a unique ID based on widget instance id. Inspect the widget to see the id.

Code:
            .logged-out #widget_160 {
                display: none;
            }

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
              You can hide a widget for guests using CSS. When a visitor is not logged in, the body tag has "logged-out" class. You can use this to hide a widget. Each widget has a unique ID based on widget instance id. Inspect the widget to see the id.

Code:
              .logged-out #widget_160 {
              display: none;
              }
              Nice tip, Glenn - thanks!

Cheers.
              We Create Thingz.

Comment