login or sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login or sign up

I get quite a lot of emails from guests asking where they can find the sign up button.

Does it need to be so small and way up the top?
    Is there a better way so people can see where to sign up aside from putting up a large banner?

On vB5 sites I always add a 'Sign Up' link in the main navbar that is only visible to guests. Point the link to 'register'.

See my demo site here: https://www.adminammo.com/

MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

In the default notice for guests, there is also register link but it may still be unnoticeable. What I did for my site is I modified the default notice and added a big red "Register Now!" button which for sure cannot be missed.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by yv3013 View Post
        I get quite a lot of emails from guests asking where they can find the sign up button.

Does it need to be so small and way up the top?
        Is there a better way so people can see where to sign up aside from putting up a large banner?
        You need to find the best place or easiest place to find out on your site, then it will be the place you should put "Sign up" button.

As on my site, I put it on top right connect and on navigation bar, which helps users easily find out where to click and register into the forum.

Hope it helps!
        Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
        Tranh phong cảnh, tranh treo tường nghệ thuật đẹp!

Comment