Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

force user to select avatar on register?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• force user to select avatar on register?

Is there a way to do this... and also since imported from an different system... make or force users to select an avatar. I cant stand having people post and seeing the default image....

There is no way to do this in vBulletin 5.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
      Is there a way to do this... and also since imported from an different system... make or force users to select an avatar. I cant stand having people post and seeing the default image....

I fixed it for myself by getting my own custom avatars that matched the look and colors of my forum. Now it doesn't bother me so much if people are boring. I think maybe this is an out of place suggestion, I don't know if admins want forum mods here. It's a pretty simple way to customize your forum though.
      (ps don't use the image above. It can only be used with royalt free license). Or use it if you like to live dangerously.
      ~ MackeyFlipClockFans.com

Comment

I could make a custom mod for you that would go to Profile page by default after registration and then open the Upload Avatar popup. The user could still cancel the popup but the chance of them uploading an avatar after registration would be higher.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
          I could make a custom mod for you that would go to Profile page by default after registration and then open the Upload Avatar popup. The user could still cancel the popup but the chance of them uploading an avatar after registration would be higher.
          I'm also in search of a mod which can do this. Normally how much this mod will cost?
          Best Web Hosting – SSD Powered Web Hosting with Unlimited Bandwidth $2.95/m
          Domain Names - .Com Domains for $8.95 – Register, Renewal & Transfer

Comment