Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Just to be clear - this isn't going to happen in the default software. There will be no Chat facility added.
    There are however third party solutions available on www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• megabink
    replied
    I am not of a chatter myself but i have many members on my forum who constantly ask for a chatbox so yes this would be nice addition to vB 5.

Leave a comment:

• IggyP
    replied
    did anyone else try arrowchat with vb5? i sampled the trial, it seemed easy install really clean fb style footer chat, several nice style, config, and moderation options but for me it only worked on chrome some reason...and support is only with lic aha...it isnt so super expensive tho i was still considering it...but am curious any opinions of it?

Leave a comment:

• napy8gen
    replied
    You all may not like it but think outside the box. This could make a u-turn for many people to choose vbulletin from others. No one offer it. A simple default chat box in sitebuilder widget module is a killer stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Isn't a chat the complete opposite of what a forum is designed for? I mean in a forum usually there is no need for instant replies, topics can evolve over days, weeks or an even longer period of time, and people (usually) participate in a more in-depth style. Yeah, maybe the last one isn't that true, now that I think about it...

Anyway, while I do see some situations where a chat suits a site, I don't think that this should be integrated in the core software.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Nope. I disagree completely. This is better handled by third party addons.
    ^ This...

Leave a comment:

• IggyP
    replied
    arrowchat seems nice, i was considering to try..

Leave a comment:

• josueinaki
    replied
    the dragonbyte shout works fine in vb 5

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Nope. I disagree completely. This is better handled by third party addons.

Leave a comment:

• roiarthur
    started a topic Adding a native chatbox should be interesting

Adding a native chatbox should be interesting

I suggest that you add a native chatbox or shoutbox in vbulletin Connect because a lot of people use it and it is very difficult to find a widget working with the latest vbulletin connect