Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Forum Ads

Hello,

Before I go on, I know how to add ads using the module way. But, my suggestion is to have a setting where just like vb4 you can set an ad to display on "All Pages" without doing it manually. Also be able to add ads within threads would be great also!

Thanks, Malcolm

Hello

Please feel free to make an improvement request here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4

You only need to complete the SUMMARY and DESCRIPTION fields, we'll sort the rest.

We take all suggestions into account when determining the feature set for new versions but we cannot confirm whether a particular feature will be included in a version.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

You can put ads at the top (after the breadcrumb) and bottom (above the footer) sections of all pages by using template hook system. You would put the ads at header_before_content and footer_start hook locations.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
        You can put ads at the top (after the breadcrumb) and bottom (above the footer) sections of all pages by using template hook system. You would put the ads at header_before_content and footer_start hook locations.

vBulletin 4 had about 15 different positions for global advertisements plus it was easier to place them between every X posts. The system does need some improvements to have proper control over advertising without the use of template hook or other complex mechanisms.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

vBulletin 4 had about 15 different positions for global advertisements plus it was easier to place them between every X posts. The system does need some improvements to have proper control over advertising without the use of template hook or other complex mechanisms.
          Yeah but this is for vBulletin 5 where the only global ad location is the header.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
            Yeah but this is for vBulletin 5 where the only global ad location is the header.
            it is a suggestion to add more location which I agree with. Monetization is one of the areas where vBulletin 5 is a huge step backwards compared to older versions.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I do apologize for not keeping you guys updated. I've made an improvement request as Mark B suggested and came back with a solution which will take time but, it's simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolmjr414 View Post
                Hello,

Before I go on, I know how to add ads using the module way. But, my suggestion is to have a setting where just like vb4 you can set an ad to display on "All Pages" without doing it manually. Also be able to add ads within threads would be great also!

Thanks, Malcolm
                Why you don't put your Ad on right sidebar, which I am applying successfully for my forum.

Also, if you want to display ads in post content, you may need a plugin to do that. It's automatic and can display ad base on locations you want.
                Best Internet Marketing Forum & Webmaster Forum for webmasters and Internet Marketers discussing and trading!

Comment