Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhh, my eyes! Tracking lines or alternating colors would be nice!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhh, my eyes! Tracking lines or alternating colors would be nice!!!

Quite often I find a lot of my errors and mistakes are made in the admin panel. When I am working on tweaking the options on a large screen, it's very hard to read the option title/description and follow all the way to the right hand side to the options toggle buttons or boxes. It would be VERY helpful to have alternating colors, or some sort of line to follow across the screen to know which toggle goes with what.

My eyes go crossed working on a 27" monitor!!

I've had the same issue. Every now and then I just resize my browser until the title <-> option sides are closer together. It doesn't affect the left menu at all, either, which is nice. The black bars on either side is my desktop.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	admincp resize.png
Views:	15
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	4317963
    Hivewire3D.com
    Running vBulletin 5.1.6 PL1 (4.2.2 PL1 -> 5.1.6)

Comment

Here is the JIRA that covers this: VBV-12053

Sadly it didn't get much attention (votes) so far, which decreases the possibility that it will be implemented one day. You should add your vote in JIRA, if you want this to be fixed.

Comment

I had to track this down again, try Zachery's AdminCP CSS. It adds alternating colors per row and some other stuff.
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=312128
        Hivewire3D.com
        Running vBulletin 5.1.6 PL1 (4.2.2 PL1 -> 5.1.6)

Comment

I am using this code in my controlpanel.css to add better readability:
          Code:
          table#cpform_table tr {background-color:#FFF;}
          table#cpform_table tr:hover, table.stylerow tr:hover {background-color:#ffff99}
          table#cpform_table td.alt1, table#cpform_table td.alt2 {background-color:inherit !important;}
          To prevent it from being overwritten on upgrades, copy the /core/cpstyels/vBulletin_5_Default folder to a new one in the cpstyles directory. Then set your CP Style to the new directory under Settings -> Options -> AdminCP Options.
          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Sun 5th Apr '15, 12:45pm.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X