Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include robots.txt

Hello,
    I think it would be very nice if a standard robots.txt file could be included with vbulletin.
    In this file, the basic rules should be included to prohibit all non-essential links to search engines.
    I think it's easier for developers to create this file, as for us users.
    Of course, the file may contain only the standard rules. Special rules, the user must create itself.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7801

It is actually a very good idea. Voted!
    Burgas Forum

Comment

You will probably want to attach a sample of what you're looking for. There are so many ways a robots.txt file can vary which is why we don't currently include one.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

this is a good idée.un robots file by default (basic settings), would make the diagnosis of "suspicious file" know. And agrees that attant file needed.
        Being part of the original files "vb".
        I voted yes
        my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

With you on this one. Voted!

Comment

Originally posted by 14DH01 View Post
            this is a good idée.un robots file by default (basic settings), would make the diagnosis of "suspicious file" know. And agrees that attant file needed. Being part of the original files "vb". I voted yes
            robots.txt would have nothing to do with suspicious files. Even if we shipped a default, we would have to exclude it from the file check as many would modify it. We'd probably only include major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Ask...)

Wayne Luke

Comment

nice idea but i cant vot
              You cannot vote or change your vote on resolved issues.
              blog-technologie.com

Comment

Yes, this is something we have decided not to include in the default package. There are too many variables to satisfy a wide variety of customers. If you want help setting up a robots.txt file, please post in the appropriate support forum.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X