Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DemOnstar
    replied
    I like it, I also like the random question feature that VB 5 has already. It gets my vote, no harm with extra options.

Not sure why we would need to use two options together, one good solution should suffice.

- - - Updated - - -

Never really like CAPTCHA anyway, too common and often difficult to read.
    Last edited by DemOnstar; Fri 8 Feb '13, 5:24am.

Leave a comment:

• sukagwe
    replied
    there are many scripts that claim it could pass the re-capcha.
    I suggest to use the motion capcha just to prevent bot/script access to spam my forum.
    at least I can show to the potential advertisers that my site, my forum is free from bot/script.
    99.99% real human.
    the advertisers won't put their ads in the bot crowd site.

for an additional, I think it will be great if we can use more than one human verification option.
    for those who agree with this, please vote for this in JIRA
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7763
    Last edited by sukagwe; Thu 7 Feb '13, 9:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Didn't actually write it off. Was just stating an opinion.
    ah ok
    Last edited by Loco.M; Thu 7 Feb '13, 7:32pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Didn't actually write it off. Was just stating an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    I’m pretty well versed on 503 compliance, it was part of my last job and I’m aware there are screen readers and technology to help those who need it. I guess my point was, no reason to write off the OP’s idea for this reason when the script as a whole isn’t even complaint.

And the lack of accessibility in vBulletin 5 is also a sore point with me. It needs a lot more work done in that regard.
    yup

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    hm.. yes it isn't ADA compliant (neither is vbulletin..especially vb5) but if they are blind or can't use a mouse, are they really going to be using the internet accessing my forum??
    They might. There are technologies to assist them. I know at least 20 people who are legally blind and use Facebook regularly. Some of them are in programming and web development. One of them is a Quality Assurance Tester for the California State University System's websites. His job is to make sure all of their websites are accessible to sightless individuals. He has less than 10% vision himself and has been legally blind since 2004. His service dog or JAWS can't help him with KeyCaptcha. There are days when I have major troubles with my mouse, I switch to the iPad when that happens. I've actually never been able to solve a keycaptcha where the system would accept it. Looks fine to me on the screen though.

The main point though is that if CAPTCHA implementations impede people from registering, they aren't very effective. They have to get more and more difficult so they can't be solved by bots that eventually they won't be solvable by most people either. Time to rethink the paradigm.

And the lack of accessibility in vBulletin 5 is also a sore point with me. It needs a lot more work done in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Unless the person is blind or can't use a mouse.
    hm.. yes it isn't ADA compliant (neither is vbulletin..especially vb5) but if they are blind or can't use a mouse, are they really going to be using the internet accessing my forum??

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I use KeyCaptcha and it works great.
    Unless the person is blind or can't use a mouse.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Captcha is a rather generic term and they absolutely are still effective, at least they have been for me.
    I use KeyCaptcha and it works great. I hadn't seen this motion captcha before and I think it could be effective as well if used correctly.

I'd suggest the OP post this over at vb.org to see if anyone wants to make a mod for it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The days of Captcha being effective ended in 2009.

Leave a comment:

• sukagwe
    started a topic motion captcha to prevent spam

motion captcha to prevent spam

I think the motion captcha is the most effective human verification to prevent spam till now
    it will be great if vb have the motion captcha as human verification as the option to prevent spam

http://www.josscrowcroft.com/project...jquery-plugin/
    https://github.com/josscrowcroft/MotionCAPTCHA

please integrate the motion captcha as one of the default human verification options
    to those who agree with me please vote for this http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7597 in JIRA