Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated login page for VB5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dedicated login page for VB5

    Is there a mod or a way I can have a special login page? PHPBB has something like this: https://www.phpbb.com/community/ucp....2dc79ba1b6939d
    It would be handly as many users cannot see the top right login drop down link and a menu tab plus a dedicated login page would help.

  • #2
    No there is no dedicated login page, nor has there been one in any version, it is something that would require custom coding.
    My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

    New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
    Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

    Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

    Comment


    • #3
      A such code will server many webmasters well.
      Can somene please come up with a simple script? or someone add this feature to the next vb5 update?

      Comment


      • #4
        That would probably be something you would need to pay someone to do. You can put in a request at vB.org in the Requests for Paid Services forum.
        My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

        New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
        Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

        Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

        Comment


        • #5
          Due to the ability to have SSL logins, the login form is actually a separate page loaded within an iframe. So you could load it in an iframe on a custom Site Builder page as well.

          yourdomain.com/forumpath/auth/login

          Use https if you have set up to use SSL for logins.

          You can vote for this JIRA here as well: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13323
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

          Comment


          • PiotrGT1
            PiotrGT1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would like to vote for this feature but Im unable to access this page - get an error:
            It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.
            If you think this message is wrong, please consult your administrators about getting the necessary permissions.

        • #6
          Just curious, instead of a drop down is there a menu block/module that will have the user/password blocks included?
          I know its a bit old fashioned but users people like this... the top login/register link is not very easy to locate at first glance and discourages less patient guest users from registering.

          Comment


          • #7
            Sorry. It is marked private. One of the managers must have thought it was a security issue.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by PiotrGT1 View Post
              Just curious, instead of a drop down is there a menu block/module that will have the user/password blocks included?
              I know its a bit old fashioned but users people like this... the top login/register link is not very easy to locate at first glance and discourages less patient guest users from registering.

              The inline frame can be made visible via CSS. Add
              Code:
              #main-navbar .username-container > ul{
                  display:block;
              }
              into css_additional.css. That will make it visible, and from there you can manipulate it's location on the page. If you don't know how to write CSS code, you can put in a request on vbulletin.org in the paid or unpaid section and see what pops.


              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by Replicant View Post


                The inline frame can be made visible via CSS. Add
                Code:
                #main-navbar .username-container > ul{
                display:block;
                }
                into css_additional.css. That will make it visible, and from there you can manipulate it's location on the page. If you don't know how to write CSS code, you can put in a request on vbulletin.org in the paid or unpaid section and see what pops.
                Once we have this added how do know what code to use for the iframe ?

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Frank Davis View Post

                  Once we have this added how do know what code to use for the iframe ?
                  That code just makes the iFrame visible.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                  TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    You should just be able to use the login like at https://forums.hosting/auth/login-form by grabbing the code from that and create a module for it to display the login box somewhere on the site. I think the Login link in the top Navigation bar does the job though.
                    Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by webgeek247 View Post
                      You should just be able to use the login like at https://forums.hosting/auth/login-form by grabbing the code from that and create a module for it to display the login box somewhere on the site. I think the Login link in the top Navigation bar does the job though.
                      Thank you so much I got it working YAY

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X