X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Hooks Back again

VBV-10333

This is an improvment request, however requires IMMEDIATE attention. It is one of the basic reasons, that programmers and developers avoid making any mods for VB5. As you can see, the mods for VB5 are extremely few! You have to help developers, create their own modules, by bringing back and solve some issues, like this one!
    Bring back hooks in vBulletin 5 Connect
    Vote here: VBV-10333
    For a better vBulletin 5 product!
    Sorry for my English!

wake up vbulletin. is your vb5 sales figure very good you can ignore this.
    Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.1 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

No they are not! The vb5 users are not more than the 3% of the total vb customers! You dont even answer in this thread! It's one of the most basic issues that developers do not develop anything for vb5. SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCT! HELP DEVS MAKE MODULES!
      Sorry for my English!

Comment

The best thing you can do is vote for the improvement request and comment in it also.

"Shouting" in the Support Forums will make no difference, the support staff do not have any powers to implement this.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• alexchar
          alexchar commented
          Editing a comment
          I wasn't shouting. I just used caps to highlight that, because it is a exhortation
          Sorry for my english!

Yes this is something everyone should vote for, and make a sensible comment in the JIRA report as well.
        My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
        Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

Okay, as I can see vBulletin 5.1.5 and 5.1.6 will have some major improvments. However, php hooks is more urgent so after user mentions and new templates(5.1.5) and notifications (5.1.6), I suggest you to work to introduce a new hook system, an improved version of vB4's one, and to name it vBulletin 5.2.0. This could be done on stages. I suggest stopping any other improvments, just bug fixes that are visible and affect users, and start working on a new hook system as this is urgent, and will rapidly increase vB5's popularity. Then a good idea is to build an invitation system, which is not difficult to be built, and then a new gallery which will make vBulletin the best forum board software. Sorry again for my english!
          Sorry for my English!

Comment

the voting is stupid when you know what you vbulletin need for yourself not for the customers
            Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.1 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

• alexchar
              alexchar commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes Zachery! Is all about vb5. If you want vb5 to be used and generally to survive, you will have to make the hook system.

• Zachery
              Zachery commented
              Editing a comment
              I completely understand why we need a hook system replacement. You don't have to tell me.

• alexchar
              alexchar commented
              Editing a comment
              If you understand that, there is no need to continue impovments. Just contact the responsible for developing, or the CEO of vBulletin. I prefer to wait 3-4 months to get the hook system, without having any impovments, than having impovments and not hook system with upgrades every month and a half, as If i have hook system, hundreds of developers will start to develop mods that will be able to do the impovments you do! Sorry for my English.

TBH I don't see this happening any time soon unfortunately.
            My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
            Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

• CarpCharacin
              CarpCharacin commented
              Editing a comment
              i wish it would happen soon

I recently did a paid custom vB5 mod that requires PHP coding and fetching data from DB. I was able to do it without modifying core files. I didn't even use the API extension system. I used template hooks and frontend controller technique. Methods in frontend controller can be called directly from templates using {vb:action} call.

For more info, click link below.

http://www.noypiscripter.com/vbullet...roup-username/

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

You're the responsible of taking the decision, if you are going to start building a hook system right?
              Last edited by alexchar; Fri 16th Jan '15, 11:10pm.
              Sorry for my English!

Comment

Now it is on the top of the list, in JIRA.

IB support your product and listen to your customers in order to increase sales if you want to! Nearly anyone uses vBulletin 5 overall the vBulletin users, only those who use vBCloud and some else.
                Sorry for my English!

Comment

I will go back to vB4 until this is solved. The good thing is that my forum is not yet public. The bad thing is that vb5 is not compatible with ImpEx, so I will have to transfet anything manually patiently.

Both hooks should be added, and upgrade process from 4 to 5 should be better.
                  Sorry for my English!

Comment

If you're having issues with the upgrade system, please make sure to log bug reports, otherwise we wont be able to provide fixes.

Comment

• mangoz
                      mangoz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I guess I'm wondering why its on the non-paid user to always be submitting and formatting errors.

I've seen you personally take my problem, format it and submit it as a bug. That seemed more efficient and appropriate as you are a paid employee.

What would seem even MORE appropriate is what other companies do, and that's hire beta testers. not treat customers as said testers. does vbulletin have hired product testers?

• alexchar
                      alexchar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah Zachery , mangoz is correct. Beta testers should be hired, or at least find volunteers to do this job.

• Zachery
                      Zachery commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And when they don't find the bugs, and you do, what then? We have QA, we have support staff, we have beta testers. Even all of us together cannot replicate all of the environmental details and types of data that are we see in issues out there. Its just impossible. Ever major software vendor expects users to report bugs.

So here is your choice, don't report the bug: it wont get fixed. Report the bug, we can work towards fixing it.

Its your choice.

We're currently discussing the issue of PHP Hooks. When we have more information, we will announce it.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment