X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    No real difference between threads and replies in vBulletin.
    Sounds like a design flaw to me.

Leave a comment:

• anwar513
    replied
    Thank you for your reply, channel permission can, can No real difference between threads and replies in vBulletin, but my suggestion closed http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12197
    Last edited by anwar513; Mon 17 Feb '14, 7:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I honestly doubt that is going to change in the near future. No real difference between threads and replies in vBulletin. You would have to write an improvement request to have Topic Starters moderated separately from Topic Replies. Even then, if implemented, it would be a channel permission. Not a forum option.

Leave a comment:

• anwar513
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    7) Whether users get moderated or not is set in Channel Permissions currently. Not at the channel level. This is an appropriate change.
    I had the JIRA is "Follow Channel Moderation Rules on the issue?" Released on closed, Duplicate of (part of) merged http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-2124

vb4.x you can choose;
    1.Moderate posts
    (Require moderator validation before new posts are displayed)
    2.Moderate threads
    (Require moderator validation before new threads are displayed)

Sadly that vb5 is not possible. If "Follow Channel Moderation Rules" is set to "No", then ALL posts need to be approved.

We need to Moderate posts and Moderate threads separately, this is very important for me......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anwar513; Fri 14 Feb '14, 3:03pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) What options?

2) What functionality?

3) Shouldn't need to close channels directly. You can use channel permissions to effectively close them.

4) You assign Prefix Sets to channels by editing the Prefix Set under Channel Management -> Topic Prefixes

5) Do you really consider this to be as high of a priority against other issues or improvement requests? Even the other items in this list?

6) You can control this with permissions currently.

7) Whether users get moderated or not is set in Channel Permissions currently. Not at the channel level. This is an appropriate change.

8) Prefixes are not mandatory...

9) We're working on this but it can be accomplished now using CSS. The icons are just CSS backgrounds.

10) Isn't this the same as #2? What do you expect to find here?

Linked JIRA really only covers #2 and #10 in your list. Others have different ways of being handled in the software that makes it easier to extend in the future.

Leave a comment:

• anwar513
    started a topic This issue is not important to you?

This issue is not important to you?

The following issue is not important to you;

1.Channel Manager needs it's options back
    2.Forum Manager - ACP missing funcitonality
    3.Cannot Close Channels - No Interface Provided.
    4.No option in Channel Manager to apply a Prefix Set to a Channel
    5.Can't set forums so that posts don't count in user "post count" (Feature Parity from vB3/4)
    6.Show Private Forum Settings needed as in vB4
    7.Follow Channel Moderation Rules on the issue?
    8. Prefixes mandatory in vb5
    9. Allow to use custom icons for individual forums (Feature Parity)
    10. Lack of advanced settings/permissions in Forum Manager when editing specific forums

For me is very important, if it is important for you to vote now, jira Address: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-2124
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X