Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Since you want to add more help links in the footer, you need to make the onclick handler more generic from what I previously posted.

Code:
    $('#footer-tabbar').find('a[href*="forum/help#"]').on('click', function(e) {
        var $helpLink = $('.help-widget .faq-group-body a[href="' + this.href + '"]');
        if ($helpLink.length) {
            var $subfaqs = $helpLink.closest('.sub-faqs');
            if ($subfaqs.is(':hidden')) {
                $subfaqs.prev('.faq-group-title').click();
            }
            $helpLink.click();
            return false;
        }
        return true;
    });

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Try adding this in global.js to temporarily fix the issue:

Code:
    $('#footer-tabbar').find('a[href$="forum/help#community_overview/general_tos"]').on('click', function(e) {
        var $forumRulesLink = $('.help-widget .faq-group-body a[href="' + this.href + '"]');
        if ($forumRulesLink.length) {
            var $subfaqs = $forumRulesLink.closest('.sub-faqs');
            if ($subfaqs.is(':hidden')) {
                $subfaqs.prev('.faq-group-title').click();
            }
            $forumRulesLink.click();
            return false;
        }
        return true;
    });
    This would trigger a click on the existing Forum Rules link in the General Help section of the Help page as if you clicked on it. This would also expand the General Help section (if not expanded yet) and activate the Forum Rules link (turns into black)

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is due to using hashed names for links. Needs a JIRA but I don't know how soon it would be fixed. Probably need two different URL formats for the Help. One internal and one external.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    I have never tried this, but you are actually right: Links don't work, when you are already on the help page.

However, if you open a new window/tab and enter the link there, then you can reach the exact section of the help files. So if you want to link to certain sections in your footer, this should still work. The only thing your users can't do is clicking a footer link again, when they are already reading the help files.

Leave a comment:

• John8
    started a topic Individual Help links not working outside of the help

Individual Help links not working outside of the help

When you are in the Help/FAQ section, navigation from the footer does not link back to a specific page within the Help/FAQ. For example your site vbulletin.com you cannot go to "Forum Rules" when you press the footer link, if you are already in the HELP/FAQ section.

Would be nice to know how to do this? As I have a few sub sections that I would like to link.

Many thanks