Leave a comment:

• Kevin Sours
    replied
    Please create a JIRA for this.

Leave a comment:

• zel
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    The Filter bar in the Forum page has the Prefix filter. It filters the topics in that forum with the selected prefix.
    I know that.

What I'm trying to say is this: what should happen when someone clicks on a prefix?

I think that when someone clicks on a prefix you should see the topics with that prefix in that channel (as the Prefix filter in the Filter Bar).

At this time, however, when someone clicks on a prefix, a search is performed on all channels.
    I think this behavior has some drawbacks:

- When many users online click on a prefix and perform a search, and the forum uses many prefixes, lots of server resources are used to perform such searches.

- Many users don't know why, after having clicked on a prefix, they see messages like "Missing human verification information" or "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches" because they don't know they are searching the boards.

If you want to maintain the current behavior please consider an option to disable the "click on the prefix for search".

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    The Filter bar in the Forum page has the Prefix filter. It filters the topics in that forum with the selected prefix.

Try this link with a prefix selected by default.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...refix=admin_cp

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Maybe you should suggest this in JIRA? Otherwise it is very unlikely that your wish gets the developers' attention.

Leave a comment:

• zel
    started a topic Click on the prefix

Click on the prefix

I've a forum that use a lot of prefixes.
    When I'm in a channel and I click on a prefix, vB5 searches that prefix on all the channels.
    I think that it should filter the topics and not search the prefix in all the channels.
    Search by prefix should be moved in the advanced search IMHO.

As it is now, the search seems to be server intensive.
    If I click on some widely used prefixes the search give me the error
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1956691 bytes) in /usr/local/apache/hosting/xxx/includes/vb5/template/cache.php on line 197

I believe that clicking on a prefix to filter the topics is more intuitive than clicking the prefix to search all the channels (as all of your competitors do).