Not a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a poll

I see the poll option has gone... Or maybe I just don't know where to look for it...?

Anyway, over at vB.org they have a mod of the month section. It is a place where people/users/individuals/clients/customers get to vote on what they feel is the mod of the month. MOTM.

What I would like to propose is something similar here at vB.com. Only it wouldn't be mod of the month but support of the month. SOTM.

People like, Joe.D, Mark.B, Zachery, Wayne Luke, Lynne etc...There were also other names I could mention but sadly they are no longer with us...

The questions of the poll would have been.

Good idea
    Bad idea
    Useless

There are a number of other individuals that help out, but they don't carry the vB support avatar. They just do it for the hell of it. i.e snakes11, slinky, IggyP, I do it too where I can.

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by DemOnstar; Thu 12th Sep '13, 8:08am.

Polls in the suggestions forums don't really provide much overall benefit. As such they have been turned off. Instead we want people voting and commenting in JIRA.

As for the idea, we can take it under advisement.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Polls in the suggestions forums don't really provide much overall benefit. As such they have been turned off. Instead we want people voting and commenting in JIRA.

As for the idea, we can take it under advisement.
      Your prompt response is much appreciated but the JIRA thread has been closed which I personally feel was not such a good idea.
      There were a number of issues and discussions in that thread that had a huge bearing on how people felt about the JIRA tool. I thought the thread was constructive myself but it was deemed unnecessary and therefore terminated...

I voted in JIRA today, I have voted many times in the past. I will continue to vote regardless of the outcome.. If JIRA is the place where changes are made then JIRA is useful....If on the other hand votes are just votes upon votes then really, if nothing is acted upon, there will come a time when individuals will not participate and that brings us back to square 1.

Comment

I don't think there'd me much to be gained by allowing people to vote for support members as being "Useless".
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• DemOnstar
          DemOnstar commented
          Editing a comment
          There is certainly a lot to be gained by a support member that has been voted as useless...

As this is the vBulletin 5 product suggestions forum, I can say that votes have been very instrumental in elevating issues and affecting change on the product. Things do not happen over night and some thing with a lot of votes will take longer to get into the product like IPv6, which isn't a simple change... However items with a significant number of votes are being included in the product with each release.

vBulletin 4 project management will be different. I am not involved in its planning at all but as a mature product, you'll be less likely to see huge new features but they may be included over time. Votes would determine what those features could be.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 10th Sep '13, 9:39am.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Things do not happen over night and some thing with a lot of votes will take longer to get into the product like IPv6, which isn't a simple change... However items with a significant number of votes are being included in the product with each release.
          Mr Luke, thanks for your honesty.....

I have numerous suggestions, improvements and new features logged in JIRA for vB5. They have all been confirmed and a number of them have already been implemented.

I concur.

vBulletin 4 project management will be different. I am not involved in its planning at all but as a mature product, you'll be less likely to see huge new features but they may be included over time. Votes would determine what those features could be.
          And everything else will be left to the enthusiastic and motivated developers at vB.org... Fantastic bunch of coding magicians.....Long may they reign......

Thank you.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X