Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want the full hook system back

Hi all,

In vbulletin 3 and 4 we have great hook system.
    In Vbulletin 5 its completly gone

This means you loose a lot functionality customisation with this, the only way to do it is to use corehacks, an that is big NO go for me .

I would like to know of other Vbulletin users, do you want the complete hook system back ?

Maybe Vbulletin could start a poll ?

You can add feature requests in JIRA, so they eventually get implemented in vB5. That is the only way to get the developer's attention. Also others can vote for your requests there to give them more importance.

Comment

Actually vBulletin 5 allows Extensions directly to the API. You should not be hacking files. Now if you have ideas on how to expand the Extension and Template System Hook, then please give them. The Plugin system in 3 and 4 is a big security risk as it is. That is one reason we changed this.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

API is and the end of vbulletin code!!!

That meens you can't override it .

An example

I want to login, and use an external data source, for username and password, and you want to disable the complete login system.

Another example user registers it self, you can't do a member check to an external database.

At login you can't check to external source if an user is still member.

You can't inject php code in to vbulletin 5 was told to my bye support when i asked where are the hooks.

The login section can't be customised trow the api, you can online add a way to login like facebook but can't replease the login or other functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          The Plugin system in 3 and 4 is a big security risk as it is.
          For persons that don't know what they are doing maybe.
          But this way exclude a lot of stuff you want to have, Put a BIG warning in front of it leave the choice to user, with a big notice NO SUPPORT for the elements you use the HOOK.

Comment

I also made iseu in jira

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10701

About the ability to customize log in system .

Comment

That isn't a showstopper issue. Showstopper means - System is placed in unrecoverable state. Build can not be released.

I've adjusted the priority and visibility appropriately.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Somebody als complaint about it so i say to all please vote : http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment