vB5: Navbar: Textfield for jumping to pages should be auto-selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB5: Navbar: Textfield for jumping to pages should be auto-selected

When clicking in the textfield in the navigation bar to jump to pages directly, one has to either delete the current page or select the current page and then enter the targeted page. This is an unneccessary click, especially since it is obvious that one wants to enter a different page.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n60823[/ATTACH]

Suggestion: When clicking in the textfield, please make the current page being auto-selected in the way it is done when getting the link to a certain post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n60824[/ATTACH]

This issue is also in JIRA: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10298

What did I do wrong here? I inserted images in my post via the advanced editor/image button. Then I chose an image from my PC and uploaded it to the server. But instead of showing up as a "real" image within the post, it only says "Attachment" there and both images are added below as attachments. How do I have to insert images, so that they actually show up?

Comment

opt for insert image, instead of attachment, its kind of silly. We reviewed your bug earlier,

Comment

That is really weird, since I have used the Advanced Editor to upload/insert the image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	advedit_image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	3977154

Edit: Oh, it happened again. What do I have to do, if I want to insert an image, which is actually displayed within a post?

Comment

Click on the attachments icon.

Upload attachments should come up as an option.

Click Upload Attachments... Find the file, double click on it. Then wait...................................................................................... ........

You should then have options to either 'Insert', 'Insert Image', and 'Remove'. Next, place the cursor where you want the image to be placed.

Click 'insert image', I am not sure what 'insert' does.

I clicked the next line down then centered the link manually.

Then press save....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DemOnstar; Tue 18 Jun '13, 8:40am.

Comment

• DemOnstar
            DemOnstar commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the result. It is ok but I don't like the Attached Files box at the bottom. Not worked out how to get rid of that yet...

Something to note: Don't attempt to edit it as this becomes yet another nightmare...
            Last edited by DemOnstar; Tue 18 Jun '13, 9:03am. Reason: Because I thought the word 'yet' was significant.

Let's try this again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_again.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	3977301

Edit: Does Edit work?

Edit 2: I followed DemOnstar's description and inserting images worked until (!) I decided to do an edit on the post. Then it fell back to the "Atachment"-thing. Is this a known bug? Are there other ways to implement images within a post?

Comment

It has to have been reported over a 100 times as this happens every time I upload an attachment. I always have to go in to edit it and make sure to take out the attachment url and replace with IMG. Just pure nonsense...and an ongoing nonsense at that. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick.........

Comment

Originally posted by DemOnstar View Post
              It has to have been reported over a 100 times as this happens every time I upload an attachment.
              I see... Well, I guess it will be fixed then within the next year. Thanks for letting me know how inserting images is supposed to work in your post #5.

Comment

Originally posted by TLMD View Post
                Thanks for letting me know how inserting images is supposed to work in your post #5.
                No problem, I am more than happy to see another customer struggling with such an inept interface....It took me a while to get the hang of it and I still can't figure out how to get rid of the ugly Attached Files box.

And by the way, I am sure it is not supposed to work that way but...............Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....

Comment

there is a code tweak posted here that you can fix this so least your personal forum will work, even if this one doesnt...

keep thinkin 5.0.3 is close but then it pushes back more heh...i was expecting a ton of bugs, but also some basic functionality

demonstar, what i used to do in vb4 for professional posts is create an album then you can insert img tags linking from album

Comment

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
                    there is a code tweak posted here that you can fix this so least your personal forum will work, even if this one doesnt...
                    Since I don't use vB5 on a live forum yet, I will wait until this bug (among many others) gets fixed, but thanks for that suggestion!

Comment