vB4 CMS Searchable archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB4 CMS Searchable archive

I've stuck this in as a suggestion in JIRA hoping I'm accurately describing what I'm on about.

One of the things stopping those of us using vB4 including the CMS and calendar upgrading is the lack of a feature to retain your CMS content. I'm assuming that the replacement for the calendar would be available as it's already scheduled in, but I haven't been able to find anything about the CMS replacement.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9945

If it is just too difficult to replace the CMS in vB5, but site builder takes care of your needs going forward then an alternative option would be to create a searchable archive. Provided that it retained text, attachments including images, and spaces between text, and if you were able to reformat your most important articles using presently available vB5 capabilities then that would probably be tolerable. So for example if you were using vB4 CMS for news, the historical content was searchable, with spaces retained so that it was legible and with attachments, then it would be easier to upgrade sooner.

It's not as attractive as having feature parity and a proper CMS replacement but I suspect it would be tolerable.

The VB4 "Articles" system is going to be part of VB5 and your old VB4 articles will become active again in VB5 if you upgraded before the system was available (like we did here) - otherwise I suggest you wait to upgrade until the Article system is finalized. (Tentatively scheduled for VB 5.1.0 but subject to change.)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
      The VB4 "Articles" system is going to be part of VB5 and your old VB4 articles will become active again in VB5 if you upgraded before the system was available (like we did here) - otherwise I suggest you wait to upgrade until the Article system is finalized. (Tentatively scheduled for VB 5.1.0 but subject to change.)
      Your post here looks very 'tentative' indeed.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...nt#post3973110

Comment