Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried uploading and installing the new patch and the site went down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story has been the same. Did you follow the steps that I linked above?

The 3.8.0 site is inconsequential to your support request. It is not related to your vBulletin 5.6.4 installation and the two have nothing to do with each other.

You need to run the upgrade scripts after uploading the 5.6.4 PL1 files? Did you do that? If not you will continue to receive errors and the software will not work.

Here are the steps again: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...lletin-connect

If you cannot perform these steps, then you will need to purchase a professional upgrade so we can upgrade the site for you.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Sorry if this is getting redundant. I did all that you suggest from your link when going from 5.2 to 5.6. As I mentioned, the admin CP showed that it was successful update showing no more updates needed. I am running php7.4.20 but the members forum does not show any channels or content. Just shows the template, logo and links like its a new install but nothing functions.

Upgrading from previous versions of vBulletin 5 Connect
      1. Turn your vBulletin Connect site off so that users do not try to add content while you are updating the software. You can do this in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Turn Your vBulletin On or Off.
      2. Using the tools provided by your hosting provider, make a backup of your current database.
      3. Using your SFTP client, upload the new files to your server. When prompted tell it to overwrite all files in the current transfer queue.
      4. With your web browser run the Upgrade Wizard. The location will be https://%yourdomain/%forumroot%/install/upgrade.php
      5. When the Upgrade Wizard is complete, you will need to delete the install folder within /core/ on your server to proceed.
      6. Log into your site and review the upgrade.
      At this point I will try using the new purchase for the 5.6.4 instead of the upgrade which is failing. Hopefully the backup will get me back to a working forum.

Comment

On your existing site, you're getting errors on two required functions. The first one reported says it isn't connecting to the API. Since it cannot connect to the API, it cannot show any information on front-end. This tells me that the upgrade didn't work. I don't know why it didn't work. You're not providing any information that I have asked for to try and determine why it didn't work. The second error is most likely caused because the system can't connect to the database.

Also, you will have issues if you install vBulletin 5.6.4 and then restore a 5.2.X database on top of that. Every version with upgrade steps makes changes to the database. You will experience dozens of database errors after skipping half a decade of database changes.

What is the error that you're getting upgrading from 5.2.X to 5.6.4? What step does the upgrader fail on? Just copy and paste the information out of the upgrade window after pressing Details. There should also be a popup error message that we need.

Try this...

Delete the file /core/includes/version_vbulletin.php. What version does your AdminCP say now?

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I will try to answer each of your questions later today as I don't want to make a mistake while members are using the forum. I am more of a visual person, so this stuff takes time for me to figure out. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X