"Error - Could not open frontend config file." error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Error - Could not open frontend config file." error

After following the installation instructions, entered mywebsite/install/install.php and filled in the parameters, I get an "Error - Could not open frontend config file." notice. I have tried several times without any success. Then I went into core/includes/config.php to set the precise data still no luck. I'm actually pressed for time to deliver the project. Kindly assist.

It seems that the makeconfig.php file didn't run on your installation. I don't know why this would have occurred on your specific server.

You will need to manually rename config.php.bak to config.php.

For more information on file changes without makeconfig running, please see the section labeled "Manually editing the config.php files" in your vB5_readme.html. It has the instructions for making sure the configuration files exist.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did that already. It's certainly the case that the connection to MySQL doesn't work but I cannot figure out why

Comment

The error isn't due to MySQL. The error is "Error - Could not open frontend config file." There are two config files in vBulletin. There needs to be one at /config.php and another at /core/includes/config.php. Editing the file at /core/includes/config.php will not solve this error.

Only renaming /config.php.bkp to /config.php and making sure it is at the same level as index.php will solve this specific error. The files have different contents so do not copy the file from /core/includes/config.php to the higher directory as it won't work.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	home.png
Views:	69
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	4452995

Comment

We would need a support ticket with access to the server via cPanel. The link is at bottom of this page.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hello. the issue is resolved. thanks for yiur help

Comment

What was the issue if I may ask?

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I deleted both /core/includes/config.php and config.php, then re-uploaded from the original upload folder and renamed them afresh and it worked.

Comment