Redirects when upgrading from 3.8 to 5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirects when upgrading from 3.8 to 5.6

Hello, does anyone know how to set up proper redirects when upgrading from 3.8 too 5.6?

For example, if the v3 is URL is /forums/showthread.php?t=832959, how would that redirect to the correct forum/thread in vb5?

I have seen some info in .htaccess regarding redirecting vb4, but what about vb3?

I am also using NGINX, but if there are guidelines for apache, I could probably adapt those to work.

-Thanks in advance

vBulletin 5 will store the old ID from vBulletin 3 and automatically provide a 301 redirect to the new location. There is nothing needed in the .htaccess because vBulletin 3.X did not support URL Rewriting.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Should add that there are NGINX rules in the do_not_upload folder. You should be able to adapt these to your server configuration.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Is there an easy way to find the new nodeid for an old VB 3 thread? For example if I have the URL showthread.php?t=835757 on VB 3, can I run a query to find the new nodeid? I need the new nodeid for use with the API.

Would this query work?
        PHP Code:
        SELECT nodeid FROM node WHERE oldid 835757 AND oldcontenttypeid 

Comment

To just get the nodeid, you shouldn't need the oldcontenttypeid but it should work if those values are correct.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• southstar86
            southstar86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I was finding multiple rows in the node table that had the same oldid with different content types. I was trying to see how it was handled in core/vb5/route/legacy/node.php but I couldn't quite figure out what that was getting the odcontenttypeid from.

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't even know why there is a node.php under /core/vb5/route/legacy/. http://domain.com/vbulletin/node/XXXXX isn't a legacy route as far as I am aware. The oldcontenttypeid should be null in this case.

If you're dealing with a thread the system will use /core/vb5/route/legacy/thread.php. If you're dealing with a post, it will use /core/vb5/route/legacy/post.php. And so forth. These files pull the content type id from the database using vB_Types (core/vb/types.php).