Problems after upgrade from 4.2.5 to latest version of vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after upgrade from 4.2.5 to latest version of vB

Hi,After the upgrade from vB 4.2.5 to 5.6.3, the various pages are not displayed correctly.

I am attaching three screenshots where you can see the differences. Those who log in cannot understand if there are new posts \ discussions, for example.

In addition, if users try to login, this does not happen and they are redirected to the main page of the forum (the variable relating to cookies in the two configuration files is the same).

Could anyone help me? thank you

Originally posted by ocean86 View Post
    Hi,After the upgrade from vB 4.2.5 to 5.6.3, the various pages are not displayed correctly.

I am attaching three screenshots where you can see the differences. Those who log in cannot understand if there are new posts \ discussions, for example.

In addition, if users try to login, this does not happen and they are redirected to the main page of the forum (the variable relating to cookies in the two configuration files is the same).

Could anyone help me? thank you
    make sure that you have changes htaccess.txt to .htaccess
    Also, make sure that You set the $config['cookie_prefix'] = value in both config.php files the same
    check that you are writing " forum path in admincp and config file" correctly.

to make the post in colour differnt from the rest of comments u use additional css from site builder

Comment

What I see is that the images aren't showing up. Are you using a custom CDN? If so, you need to set the CSS and SVG to be stored in the database until vBulletin 5.6.4 is released. There is currently a bug that prevents these from rendering properly if using a custom CDN and storing these files in the file system.

Settings -> Options -> Store CSS and SVG as Files should be set to NO.

For logging in, make sure they are accessing the site with the same URL specified in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Site URLs and Routing. If you have alternative URLs you should redirect them using your server's tools.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I solved it by fixing the config file and reloading all the forum files, thank you.

Now the problem is that clicking on new topics or on the search button reopens the forum page. It is as if the new topics page and the search page did not exist.

Comment

You would need to provide a link to the server.

Wayne Luke

Comment

https://forum.crocieristi.it

Comment

I can't recreate being redirected to your home page. For instance, this link takes me where it says it should - https://forum.crocieristi.it/forum/c...E2%80%99italia

It appears that search isn't available to guests so I can't test that. Change the option "Redirect 404 pages to root node" to No. Do you get a different result? This option is under Settings -> Options -> General Options in the AdminCP.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Sorry, I don't know if I understand correctly, when you visit https://forum.crocieristi.it you are actually redirected to this page? https://forum.crocieristi.it/forum/c...E2%80%99italia
                it wouldn't be normal!

"Redirect 404 pages to root node" is already on no.

What to do?

Thanks in advance

Comment

When I click on the link to enter the topic, I enter the topic. I am not redirected anywhere. You said when you click on links, you're redirected to the Home Page. That is not normal.

Wayne Luke

Comment

No, this is not normal. It is not normal that the search function does not work either.

could you help me?

Comment

We will need full details of exactly what doesn’t work, along with what happens when you try, steps to reproduce, full error messages etc.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Let's start with the search engine, I try to explain myself better.

Using the appropriate field at the top right, whatever I search, whatever page of the forum I am, I will be brought back to the home of the forum. I visualize the home and I don't receive any results of my search.

I rebuild search index as recommended after upgrade from vb4.

No error appears.

The search engine is enabled in the settings.

Do you need some other information?

Comment

What are the entire contents of your .htaccess? What are the settings under Settings -> Options -> General Settings? Screenshots for the settings please and all of them on that page.

Finally, enable search for the Guest usergroup.

What version of PHP are you using? This should be listed in the homepage of the AdminCP as well as under Maintenance -> View PHP Info.

Wayne Luke

Comment