Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when upgrade from 5.6.0 to 5.6.3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error when upgrade from 5.6.0 to 5.6.3

    Hi, i encounter issue during the upgrade from 5.6.0 to 5.6.3 to my test server,

    Below is my steps:

    1. turn off vbulletin, then rename the URL to my test server
    2. sql dump my database
    3. restore my 5.6.0 database to test server
    4. upload 5.6.3 files from upload folder to my root directory
    5. rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess
    6. rename /core/include/config.php.new to config.php and edit the content inside for database name, username and password
    7. change permission all files to 644 and all folders to 755
    7. start the upgrade by using https://xxx.com/core/install/upgrade.php

    this is the error i encountered

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 11.52.44 AM.png
Views:	162
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	4446678

    after that i change folder core/cache and core/cache/css to 777. Same startup errors. anyone here encounter the same issue as me? What should i do next?
    Hosting: HostGator dedicated server
    cloudflare enabled
    PHP: 7.4
    MySQL: 5.7
    Vb5: 5.6.3

  • #2
    (OR whatever you set as CSS file location)
    It is just listing the default location in 5.6.X. If you are storing your CSS in a different location, then that needs to be writable by the web server. 777 may be overly generous since it allows anyone to write to the directory. You might get away with 755 or 775.

    You can see the location you use in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Style and Language Options.

    Alternatively, you can turn this option off, do the upgrade, then turn it back on.

    Generally you don't need to rename the .htaccess or config.php.XXX files on an upgrade. You already have these and they work so why copy over them? If you needed to do this, we would mention it in the release announcement.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

      It is just listing the default location in 5.6.X. If you are storing your CSS in a different location, then that needs to be writable by the web server. 777 may be overly generous since it allows anyone to write to the directory. You might get away with 755 or 775.

      You can see the location you use in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Style and Language Options.

      Alternatively, you can turn this option off, do the upgrade, then turn it back on.

      Generally you don't need to rename the .htaccess or config.php.XXX files on an upgrade. You already have these and they work so why copy over them? If you needed to do this, we would mention it in the release announcement.
      Thanks Luke,

      my CSS location is at core/clientscript/vbulletin_css on my current database. and folder name call vbulletin_css is not existed in vb5.6.3. So should i create a folder call vbulletin_css in core/clientscript?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 7.14.34 AM.png
Views:	135
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	4446738
      Hosting: HostGator dedicated server
      cloudflare enabled
      PHP: 7.4
      MySQL: 5.7
      Vb5: 5.6.3

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by holymannn View Post
        my CSS location is at core/clientscript/vbulletin_css on my current database. and folder name call vbulletin_css is not existed in vb5.6.3. So should i create a folder call vbulletin_css in core/clientscript?
        Yes. It should really already be there. When you upgrade, you don't erase all the files on your server. You upload a new copy of files and overwrite the ones already existing.

        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

        Comment


        • holymannn
          holymannn commented
          Editing a comment
          oic. the problem is i start on my test server which is empty server. i will copy the vbulletin_css folder snd content inside from my live server to test server

      • #5
        Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

        Yes. It should really already be there. When you upgrade, you don't erase all the files on your server. You upload a new copy of files and overwrite the ones already existing.
        Hi Wayne,

        I follow your advice and upload new copy of 5.6.3 on my existing 5.6.0 folder. upgrade done successfully. when i did the version compare, there are quite alot of file from previous version not using anymore in 5.6.3. can i delete them?


        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.41.25 PM.png
Views:	131
Size:	364.2 KB
ID:	4448005
        Hosting: HostGator dedicated server
        cloudflare enabled
        PHP: 7.4
        MySQL: 5.7
        Vb5: 5.6.3

        Comment


        • #6
          Yes.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X