Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.6.2 PL1 upgrade doesn't work

Upgrade doesn't work.

1. I closed the forum and backed up the db and have the sql backup.

2. I put the files from UPLOAD folder into the public_html folder and it replaced the old files that are there.

3. When going to the install/upgrade.php file, it does absolutely nothing.

btw - your instructions seem incorrect:

""After uploading the files to your chosen location on your server, open your web browser and enter in the address followed by your vbulletin_root and install/upgrade.php.
    Example: http://www.example.com/forums/install/upgrade.php

Shouldn't you be telling people this is in core/install/upgrade.php? That is where I found it.

On an upgrade, the .htaccess file should be already available in the directory. if it is not, then the htaccess.txt file needs to be renamed .htaccess. Then both URLs that you typed work. Over the years, it has been found that just by adding /core/ to the directory structure it is very confusing to people upgrading from vBulletin 3 and 4 and we need to maintain that continuity. This why we automatically redirect them with mod_rewrite.

Though, I don't know why it "Does nothing." You need to be more specific on what "nothing" is. Does it show the install screen and when you enter a customer ID, it doesn't submit or what?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok, got the customer number prompt to come up. Entered it and then got warnings such as:

/js/channel-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/ckeditor-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/content-entry-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/conversation-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/file-upload-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/footer-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/fullcalendar-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/group-home-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin
      /js/groupadmin-rollup-556.js - File not recognized as part of vBulletin

virtually every file that was uploaded to replace the old files gives this error.

What do I do now?

Comment

The message at the top of all those warnings is:

Startup Warnings
        It is advisable to resolve the following issues prior to continuing with the install. To check that the issues have been resolved, hit "refresh". To continue without resolving the issues, hit "confirm":Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.

Of course it is pointing out folders that I put in there was well that are not vbulletin folders, but so many of these files were from the upload folder and say they are not recognized.

Should I just hit confirm?

Comment

Uploading from that version and you'll have a lot of out of date files. The javascript files are specific to the version. The /core/vb directory in 5.5.6 is hundreds of directories and files. in 5.6.2, it is three files. Many legacy files in the /core/includes directory have been refactored or removed.

You can hit the Confirm button at the bottom and continue. Or you can delete these listed files before continuing. Personally, I would just continue and use the "Suspect File Diagnostics" tool to list and delete them after the upgrade.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Appears to be a success, thanks.

Comment