X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtullo
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I don't have the exact code in front of me but you need to redirect /forum/*.php{query_string} to /*.php{query_string}. You may be able to use mod_alias and RedirectMatch for this purpose.
    I have come up with something like this:
    RewriteRule ^forum/(.*)\.php(.*) $1.php$2 [R=301,NC,L]

which is not elegant, but working.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    Thanks for the tips. Will try that.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't have the exact code in front of me but you need to redirect /forum/*.php{query_string} to /*.php{query_string}. You may be able to use mod_alias and RedirectMatch for this purpose.

You don't want to redirect everything /forum/ because this is a valid path in vB5 and will create a redirect loop.
    You don't want to create a directory at /forum/ because this will break vBulletin 5.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    The forum move and upgrade process went fine this time, I still have the avatar problem.

I would also like to know how to handle old vb3 redirects to new forum in this case:

when upgraded to vb5 all its data first resided in the /forum/ directory which led to ugly
    /forum/forum/topicurlblahblah links.
    but old
    www.domain.name/forum/showthread.php?t=100348
    got redirected right to the new format.

I decided to move vb out to the basedirectory /
    got nice topic urls without the unfortunate forum/forum in the url.
    now the old redirects does not function (no surprise)

so when I enter in the browser:
    www.domain.biz/forum/showthread.php?t=100348
    I get the Invalid Page URL error.

what rule should I put in the htaccess code to make the
    domain.name/forum/showthread.php?t=xxxx
    get passed to the vb5 rewrite engine right?

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    The avatar URL is incorrect for one location and not the other. What do you have entered there and what is the path of the custom avatar directory in relation to the public_html directory?
    I'd like to get back to the avatars question - they reside in /core/customavatars

what should be the avatarurl and avatarpath settings?

i see the avatars in admincp

made maintenance step with updating avatars but nothing changed
    when I try to upload the avatar via admin cp/edit user - the avatar shows up in the forums then.

the customavatars and thumbs folder has 0777 permissions

open_basedir setting in PHP.ini is not set.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    Does your database user have all permissions except "Grant" on the database? That should give it all the permissions it needs to operate provided that MySQL has the proper permissions with the operating system and file system.

Though there is a bug with your database version in the MariaDB JIRA - https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-19849

According to that bug, your server is returning a "Path not found" error from the operating system level and cannot create the files for the tables. You might want to check the innodb logs to verify. Seems to have a fix in newer versions of MariaDB. I don't know if the fix is to clarify the error or to resolve the underlying path not found issue. You will most likely need to discuss this issue with your hosting provider or server administrator.
    Thanks, did not stumble on that bug report earlier. I think in my situation the thing was an out of RAM related issue - there was the 7gb test upgrade residing in second database, which i removed and then the issue did not come back again.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    Hi Wayne, I am so glad I found it.

After those test upgrades and table deletes the two INNODB files holding the log and other data got somehow corrupted.
    Since I had no other INNODB tables residing in the DB, stopped mysql deleted those files and restarted mysql.

Now the upgrade process is going on the way I expected. The new tables get normally created.
    I am just very unhappy for losing 2 days for this

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If files with those names exist then that could be why they can't actually be created. A database consists of files on the disk and entries in the information_schema database within MySQL. If an error is returned from the OS about the files, then the entries in information_schema won't be created.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    The weird thing is that although the tables are not showing in phpmyadmin and are not seen by the upgrade script I am finding files associated with those tables in the mysql data folder /var/lib/mysql/dbName/

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Does your database user have all permissions except "Grant" on the database? That should give it all the permissions it needs to operate provided that MySQL has the proper permissions with the operating system and file system.

Though there is a bug with your database version in the MariaDB JIRA - https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-19849

According to that bug, your server is returning a "Path not found" error from the operating system level and cannot create the files for the tables. You might want to check the innodb logs to verify. Seems to have a fix in newer versions of MariaDB. I don't know if the fix is to clarify the error or to resolve the underlying path not found issue. You will most likely need to discuss this issue with your hosting provider or server administrator.

It seems like it skipped upgrade steps between 3.6.8 to 3.7.0 (why?)
    Installation steps that do nothing but upgrade the template version in the database are routinely removed. These steps simply add time to upgrades without providing any benefit to the outcome. 3.6.9 is such a step since it only provided bug fixes and no updates to the database itself.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    After trying numerous retries, the upgrader has problems with creating new tables. Actually none of those as from upgrade step 2 (starting point is vb 3.6.8) get created.
    Default storage type is Innodb, mysql version is: 10.2.33-MariaDB

vb_userchangelog
    vb_forumprefix
    vb_socialgroup
    vb_socialgroupmember
    vb_socialgrouppicture
    vb_prefix
    vb_prefixset
    vb_notice
    vb_noticecriteria
    vb_postlog
    vb_spamlog
    vb_bookmarksite
    vb_tag
    vb_tagthread
    vb_tagsearch
    vb_postedithistory
    vb_usercss
    vb_usercsscache
    vb_paymentapi
    vb_tachyforumcounter
    vb_tachythreadcounter
    vb_profilevisitor
    vb_visitormessage
    vb_visitormessage_hash
    vb_groupmessage
    vb_groupmessage_hash
    vb_album
    vb_albumpicture
    vb_picture
    vb_humanverify
    vb_hvanswer
    vb_hvquestion

I am starting losing my mind with this. The first time I made the test upgrade all went absolutely smooth. Made copy of data from live site, moved to new server, run the upgrader script, delete some duplicate keys on the way, and that was it. While doing that I made notices of the steps I was performing to make the real move to a new server and doing the upgrade as fast as possible.

Now I am stuck with those errors and can't move on.

What can be the issue?
    Some priviliges problem?

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    Ok, no need to answer that one, something got messed up in the db cache data after reimporting the backup sql file and starting again after an other upgrade error.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    I will get back to this, thanks.

Now I thought I have the upgrade process trained quite well and wanted to update my live site (turned off to visitors of course). Unfortunately I am getting errors, which I did not get earlier. The upgrader stalls right at the beginning:

Upgrading to 3.7.0 Beta 2
    ----------------------------------
    Step 2 - Creating vb_userchangelog table

Can't create table `xxxxxxx`.`vb_userchangelog` (errno: 168 "Unknown (generic) error from engine")
    CREATE TABLE vb_userchangelog (
    changeid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    fieldname VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    newvalue VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    oldvalue VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    adminid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    change_time INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    change_uniq VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    PRIMARY KEY (changeid),
    KEY userid (userid,change_time),
    KEY change_time (change_time),
    KEY change_uniq (change_uniq),
    KEY fieldname (fieldname,change_time),
    KEY adminid (adminid,change_time)
    )

It seems like it skipped upgrade steps between 3.6.8 to 3.7.0 (why?)
    I have tried to create this table via phpmyadmin and I get same error. when I try to create a random other table - it gets created with no errors...

I am using same vbulletin version files as earlier, just some data in the tables has more rows.

Do You have any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The avatar URL is incorrect for one location and not the other. What do you have entered there and what is the path of the custom avatar directory in relation to the public_html directory?

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    Originally posted by Turtullo View Post
    3) the avatars show up in admincp when accessing a user profile, but these are not displaying on the forums/postbits or anywhere on the forum pages
    Any suggestions with this one, please?

Leave a comment: