Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Professional Installation again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Professional Installation again?

My vBulletin forums have disappeared. Is it possible to get the installation once a time? My web host do not know why it is gone.

Your hosting provider should be able to restore your site from a backup. Most advertise that they do daily backups.

I see you downloaded vBulletin 5.6.2 earlier this month. Did you already upgrade your vBulletin 4.2.5 install? If not, then you should open a support ticket against 4.2.5 to see what is causing the database error on your site. If you want us to upgrade vBulletin 4.2.5, once the database error is resolved, or install a new copy of vBulletin 5.6.2, then you would need to purchase a installation service. These are one-time purchases and your last install was performed back in 2018.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The oldest backup is from 30 days ago, and it is without the map that contains Vb5 files. It is not a database error, the Vb5 files are gone. I started to download 5.6.2 some days ago, but did not finish it.

Comment

Hmm.. The error is in a 4.2.5 display format.

A new installation will lose all your pre-existing content. Its a choice you have to make. Lose 30 days of content or all of it. The files are the least of the problem because you can download them from the Member's Area as many times as you need to.

If you have the database and want to keep that data, it should be restored by the hosting company. If you want us to perform the upgrade, then a professional upgrade will need to be purchased.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 13 Jul '20, 2:06pm.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment