Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in upgrade v 5.6.1 to 5.6.2

Hello.

After upgrading to 5.6.2, I've got this error message, would you please advise me how to fix this?

thank you
    Last edited by Claire SR; Fri 24 Jul '20, 1:41pm.

I've tried to re-install it for the fresh start but I've got this. would you please advise me why I've got this? Thank you.

I ended up restoring with hosting company..but I still need to upgrade.

Thank you
    Last edited by Claire SR; Fri 24 Jul '20, 1:41pm.

Comment

For the first error, context is needed. That code is probably called in thousands of places so we need to know what was being done when the error occurred. In addition to this, we need the information from this topic: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...esting-support

The second error is because you deleted the .htaccess file from the directory and did not rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess. Or the redirects are broken because you have an .htaccess file in a parent directory that sets its own rewrites and the RewriteBase directive in vBulletin's .htaccess file is not set properly.

We ship our default with a txt extension because the .htaccess file is frequently modified due to thousands of varying server configurations. Frequently, the customer needs to modify the file to fit their server. With a .txt extension, we don't overwrite their file and potentially break the site. However, if you delete your .htaccess file for your own reasons, it will break your site. It is a file that is required on most servers. Without it, the sserver cannot find the CSS files and they will return 404 errors while your output looks like the image above.

If you have your own umanaged server that you control, you can take the contents of the .htaccess file and place them in the virtual host file for your site.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

About Error in upgrade v 5.6.1 to 5.6.2

Hello Wayne,

I've just tried vBulletin Cloud for my another web site. but it has the same issue when I upgraded my 5.6.1patch to 5.6.2 vB.
        Would you please take a look at it and advise me?

Thank you always.

Comment

Since I clicked one of the theme below with 7 day trial website, it displays correctly except 'Wood' theme.

I think there is some issue with Wood theme. because my another website is using that Wood theme too and when upgrading to 5.6.2 I had gotten the same broken page.

Would you please take a look at it trying vbulletin Cloud with Wood theme? and advise me what to do.

I would like to share the web page but it shows my personal information on the web page.

If you received email notification from my above post and you probably see the url.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Claire SR; Fri 24 Jul '20, 1:42pm.

Comment

There is no issue with the Wood theme. It works on my cloud site, my self hosted site, and it also works on this site, which you can test for yourself.

Make sure you have cleared your browser cache and restarted your browser.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Claire SR View Post
              I've tried to re-install it for the fresh start but I've got this. would you please advise me why I've got this? Thank you.

I ended up restoring with hosting company..but I still need to upgrade.

Thank you
              Reinstall htaccess file corrects

Comment

Hi all,
                I am not a tech person so don't know how to revise it.
                I've installed bV /forum/ and I also use https:// in my domain then what should I modify the .htaccess file?

Please advise me.

Thank you ver much in advance.

Comment

Open the .htaccess file and change this code:

Code:
                  #To redirect users to the secure version of your site, uncomment the lines below
                  #RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
                  #RewriteRule .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
                  To this:
                  Code:
                  #To redirect users to the secure version of your site, uncomment the lines below
                  RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
                  RewriteRule .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
                  Then make sure to specify HTTPS for your vBulletin and Core URLs in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Site URLs & Routing

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you all,

It works well now.

Comment

Glad it is working now.

Wayne Luke

Comment