Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit confused regarding update vs. patch

Please help me out a bit. My forum is currently running 5.5.5
    Can I just install patch 5.6.2 Patch Level 1? Or do I have to install 5.6 first?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ron

There is no patch for vBulletin 5.5.5 as it is more than two versions old. Patches are made for specific versions. You must upgrade to 5.6.1 Patch Level 1 .

This would follow the normal upgrade process. You can see the upgrade instructions here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...lletin-connect
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ron_ces
      ron_ces commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the fast response.
      Ron

I downloaded the zip file and extracted the contents. Do I upload and overwrite all of the folders listed (Except the one that says "Do_Not_Upload") or just the folder named upload?
    Ron

Comment

The contents of the upload folder.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        The contents of the upload folder.
        Will that overwrite my favicon and other board settings?
        Ron

Comment

Board settings, templates, css, and just about everything you customize is stored in the database. Upgrading or patching will not overwrite them.

The favicon.ico is a special case... The upgrade package will include a vBulletin favicon.ico file. If you have overwritten this file with your own custom icon then you will need to delete the one in the vBulletin package before uploading the files. However, you can also rename your file and tell vBulletin to use it instead of the default. You would do this in the AdminCP following these steps:
          1. Go to Styles -> Style Manager.
          2. From the "Choose Options" drop down for your style, choose "Style Variable Editor.
          3. In the Style Variable Editor click on "Image Paths" in the left column.
          4. The right column will load the variables in this group.
          5. Change the value of the favicon style variable to the name of your image.
          6. Save these variables.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Board settings, templates, css, and just about everything you customize is stored in the database. Upgrading or patching will not overwrite them.

The favicon.ico is a special case... The upgrade package will include a vBulletin favicon.ico file. If you have overwritten this file with your own custom icon then you will need to delete the one in the vBulletin package before uploading the files. However, you can also rename your file and tell vBulletin to use it instead of the default. You would do this in the AdminCP following these steps:
            1. Go to Styles -> Style Manager.
            2. From the "Choose Options" drop down for your style, choose "Style Variable Editor.
            3. In the Style Variable Editor click on "Image Paths" in the left column.
            4. The right column will load the variables in this group.
            5. Change the value of the favicon style variable to the name of your image.
            6. Save these variables.
            Thanks for your fast response.
            Ron

Comment

I finally upgraded my site. I had a small PHP version issue, but I was able to upgrade that through cPanel. Very easy upgrade process. Thanks
              Ron

Comment