Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB5 Fresh Install shoing errors

When I do a fresh install i get this message poped up
    • Checksum file md5_sums_vbulletin.php is currently writable. Please ensure that this file is not writable by the webserver.
    • Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
      /upload - Directory not recognized as part of vBulletin. Warning: Its contents were not scanned.
    any help on this please it a fresh install

You shouldn't upload the actual upload directory itself, only the contents of it.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

but i zipped it like that to upload to the host so your saying i got to delete them all
      anddo it by ftp but i get failed transfers on some areas

Comment

Now you have two copies of vBulletin on your server

Only zip the contents of the upload directory. Upload that and unzip it in your vBulletin directory.

The message that you're reporting is really only a set informational warnings stating that your site isn't as secure as it could be. It is there to tell you that your site may be compromised. If you don't recognize the list of files, the best and most prudent course of action is to delete them from your server.

To correct the writable message you will need to change the permissions of the /core/includes/md5_sums_vbulletin.php file so that it can't be written to by the web server. Usually something like chmod 444.

Or you can click the Confirm button at the bottom of the dialog box and continue with the install. The choice is really yours.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

so why does it show the page like this
          Click image for larger version

Name:	why it showing this.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	4439592

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            After installing vBulletin 5, my site is unformatted
            This means that URL Rewriting is not working on your site. Possible causes include:
            • htaccess.txt has not been renamed to .htaccess (the leading period is important)
            • mod_rewrite is not installed for Apache 2.4
            • URL Rewrite is not installed for IIS 8.5+
            • The server configuration for NGINX has not been updated. See the file for your version of PHP within the do_not_upload folder.
            • AllowOverride is not allowed in the Apache configuration file.
            Your hosting provider can help you get URL Rewrites working on your site.
            https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...etin-5-connect
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment