Can Post Topics - No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Post Topics - No

This is a 4.22 to 5.60 upgraded forum and something is odd.

If I reset user permission in the Channel Permissions tree everyone can view and use the forum fine.

If I set "Can Post Topics = No" for a Newbie usergroup they cannot view the channel and get the error: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."

Any clues please?

I moved everyone from the custom usergroup "Newbies" to "Registered Users" to see if that helped, it didn't.

To make this even weirder...
    AdminCP / Usergroups / Channel Permissions.

Select EDIT "Registered Users" in a channel
    make NO other changes except change from "Inherit from parent" to "Use Custom Permissions" and then SAVE.

and the Registered Users get the error: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Set it back to inherit from parent and the error goes away so the issue is more than "can post topics", it's as soon as custom permissions is selected.

What gets changed behind the scenes when I select "Use Custom Permissions"?

Comment

Found this post:
      https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...iewing-channel
      The above thread had the exact same symptoms and it fixed itself before he could log a ticket.

So I took a punt at it being a cache issue.
      Admincp / Maintenance / Clear System Cache
      ...seems to have fixed it. Still trying to recreate the problem but maybe that's all it was?!?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X