Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 5.6 Vb messenger issue

Hi,

I just upgraded to vbulletin 5.6. But i encounter vb messenger issue like below

when i click on one of the message below for example donation

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 7.19.43 PM.png
Views:	55
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	4437267

a error window pops up with URL https://xxxx.net/forum/undefined?messageid=2824779

error message "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

how to fix this issue?

Have you edited the top_user_menu or pmchat_message_header templates? If so, please revert those changes. Does the issue still occur after that?

Alternatively, you may have out of date JavaScript cached. We try to work around this using cache busters on the file names. However, if you use additional caching like Cloudflare, this cache busting can be lost. Forcing a cache refresh on your additional caching/CDN would help resolve the problem.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Have you edited the top_user_menu or pmchat_message_header templates? If so, please revert those changes. Does the issue still occur after that?

Alternatively, you may have out of date JavaScript cached. We try to work around this using cache busters on the file names. However, if you use additional caching like Cloudflare, this cache busting can be lost. Forcing a cache refresh on your additional caching/CDN would help resolve the problem.

Hi Luke, I didn't edit top_user_menu or pmchat_message_header templates.

I had refreshed my cloudflare cache. but same error.

I do not know how to cache busting the file names? can enlighten me? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

i think i found the problem. my header template was modified previously on vb5.4.4. after upgraded to vb5.6 the header template still the old one. i revert back vb5.6 origin template. problem solved. is it the correct way?

Comment

Yes. Reverting the template is the proper method.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment