Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing user note permissions.

After upgrade from vbulletin 4.2.2 to 5.5.6
    I am missing "user note permissions" in the user group list and "user note" link on user profile page see screenshots in the attachment.
    Upgrade was succes and new forum is working fine no errors.

Please advice...

Attached Files

There is no user note functionality in vBulletin 5.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Wayne thank you very much I have another problem my deleted topics are displayed to guest users while "Can See Deletion Notices" set to NO in group permissions. (see attachment. as you see I am not logged in)
      how can I soft delete topics and hide from all except admins and super moderators?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_75924.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	4437277
      Attached Files

Comment

If you have custom channel permissions, you will need to change the permission in each channel as well as in the Usergroup Manager.

Other than that suggestion, I don't know why they are seeing them without seeing a complete list of every permission for guest users. Remember that a Yes will always override a No permission through inheritance.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Wayne thank you very much, I have another problem and I don't know if I may ask it here or open a new topic.

I had to change my domain name
          old and new domains are both on same dedicated webserver

After copying all files to new domain I took these steps. (I think it belongs to you) :

Move the files to the new domain's public_html or private_html directory depending on your server configuration.

Upload the /core/install/ directory from the upload directory of your vBulletin download package.

Upload tools.php from your do_not_upload folder to the /core/install directory.

Load tools.php in your browser /core/install/tools.php.

Use Tools.php to update the URL of your site.

Delete the /core/install/ directory from your server.

Every thing went ok, website came up but I had to reset my password and later I noticed also all members had to change their password.

The only change after moving files to new domain name I made was changing cookie prefix and database username and password.

So do you think members had to reset passwords because I changes cookie prefix ?

Comment

Generally speaking, each issue should be in its own topic.

Changing cookie prefix wouldn't require users to change their passwords. They would have to login again. If they didn't remember their password, it would have to be changed. There is really no way to know if they typed it in wrong or the password field changed somehow. The software can use different password storage schemes based on your server configuration. By default the software will use the strongest scheme available.

Wayne Luke

Comment

At the upgrade from 4.2 to 5.5 there was also domain name change but every thing went as expected and members were not forced to change login details. here I changed domain from 'A' to 'B'

Then 1 week later I changed domain name to from 'B' to 'C' but then nobody could login so they were forced to reset password and I still don't know why it is happend.

A and B different servers

B and C is same server

Comment