Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is actually a notice and shouldn't affect the operation of the site. It usually means that some older code doesn't have quote marks where it should. Older versions of PHP allowed this. Newer versions are getting more aggressive about not allowing it. We fix them when we find them.

In this case, the code looks appropriate. Make sure you have LTR/RTL properly selected for your Language in the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• woodmj
    replied
    I have noticed quite a few of these type of errors starting to popup from Vbulletin in Apache's error file since pointing the web environment to the newer version of PHP. Just wondered what might be causing these?
    PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../includes/vb5/template/stylesheet.php on line 82

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It is a good practice to sync the two environments. Glad you found the solution easily.

Leave a comment:

• woodmj
    replied
    Ah, ok, Apache was calling the wrong version of PHP so that explains why the right version was being called in terminal but not through web browser.

/etc/apache2/mods-enabled$ sudo -s
    /etc/apache2/mods-enabled# ln -s ../mods-available/php7.4.conf php7.4.conf
    /etc/apache2/mods-enabled# ln -s ../mods-available/php7.4.load php7.4.load
    etc/apache2/mods-enabled# rm php7.1.conf
    etc/apache2/mods-enabled# rm php7.1.load

Leave a comment:

• PHP version error whilst trying to use web interface to upgrade to 5.6

Hi,
    I hit an error when trying to upgrade to 5.6 using the web interface whereby it was saying it could not run as I was using an old version of PHP and it asked me to upgrade to the latest version. When I did a php -version in terminal it returned I was already using the latest PHP version:
    :~/public_html/core/install$ php -version
    PHP 7.4.3 (cli) (built: Feb 23 2020 07:24:28) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.3, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies
    I thought this was odd so I tried the upgrade in terminal instead using php upgrade.php in the /core/install folder and this completed ok.

I just wondered what might cause this discrepancy?