Vbulletin 5.4.4 to 5.5.6 upgrade issue - start at 5.5.0 Alpha 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 5.4.4 to 5.5.6 upgrade issue - start at 5.5.0 Alpha 1

Hi all, I am having error below. Anyone can help?

Code:
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Alpha 1
    • Step 1 - Altering notificationtype Table (1 of 1)
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Alpha 2
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Alpha 3
    • Step 1 - Dropping Old tagcontent Table
    • Step 2 - Dropping Old activitystream Table
    • Step 3 - Dropping Old activitystreamtype Table
    • The next step may take a long time, please be patient.
    • Step 4 - Altering filedata Table (1 of 1)
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Alpha 4
    • Step 1 - Altering permission Table (1 of 1)
    • Step 2 - Mapping customized stylevars to new stylevars
    • Step 3 - Updating customized stylevar inheritance
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Beta 1
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Beta 2
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5 Release Candidate 1
    • Upgrading to 5.4.5
    • Upgrading to 5.4.6 Alpha 1
    • Upgrading to 5.4.6 Alpha 2
    • Step 1 - Altering user Table (1 of 1)
    • Upgrading to 5.5.0 Alpha 1
    • Step 1 - Altering report Table (1 of 1)
    • The next step may take a long time, please be patient.
    • Step 2 - Unexpected Text: <!DOCTYPE html> <!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class="no-js ie6 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]--> <!--[if IE 7]> <html class="no-js ie7 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]--> <!--[if IE 8]> <html class="no-js ie8 oldie" lang="en-US"> <![endif]--> <!--[if gt IE 8]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="en-US"> <!--<![endif]--> <head> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0"> <title>dpf4u.com | 524: A timeout occurred</title> <meta charset="UTF-8" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" /> <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1" /> <link rel="stylesheet" id="cf_styles-css" href="/cdn-cgi/styles/cf.errors.css" type="text/css" media="screen,projection" /> <!--[if lt IE 9]><link rel="stylesheet" id='cf_styles-ie-css' href="/cdn-cgi/styles/cf.errors.ie.css" type="text/css" media="screen,projection" /><![endif]--> <style type="text/css">body{margin:0;padding:0}</style> </head> <body> <div id="cf-wrapper"> <div id="cf-error-details" class="cf-error-details-wrapper"> <div class="cf-wrapper cf-error-overview"> <h1> <span class="cf-error-type">Error</span> <span class="cf-error-code">524</span> <small class="heading-ray-id">Ray ID: 5678b4462d90c37c &bull; 2020-02-19 13:51:07 UTC</small> </h1> <h2 class="cf-subheadline">A timeout occurred</h2> </div><!-- /.error-overview --> <div class="cf-section cf-highlight cf-status-display"> <div class="cf-wrapper"> <div class="cf-columns cols-3"> <div id="cf-browser-status" class="cf-column cf-status-item cf-browser-status "> <div class="cf-icon-error-container"> <i class="cf-icon cf-icon-browser"></i> <i class="cf-icon-status cf-icon-ok"></i> </div> <span class="cf-status-desc">You</span> <h3 class="cf-status-name">Browser</h3> <span class="cf-status-label">Working</span> </div> <div id="cf-cloudflare-status" class="cf-column cf-status-item cf-cloudflare-status "> <div class="cf-icon-error-container"> <i class="cf-icon cf-icon-cloud"></i> <i class="cf-icon-status cf-icon-ok"></i> </div> <span class="cf-status-desc">Singapore</span> <h3 class="cf-status-name">Cloudflare</h3> <span class="cf-status-label">Working</span> </div> <div id="cf-host-status" class="cf-column cf-status-item cf-host-status cf-error-source"> <div class="cf-icon-error-container"> <i class="cf-icon cf-icon-server"></i> <i class="cf-icon-status cf-icon-error"></i> </div> <span class="cf-status-desc">dpf4u.com</span> <h3 class="cf-status-name">Host</h3> <span class="cf-status-label">Error</span> </div> </div> </div> </div><!-- /.status-display --> <div class="cf-section cf-wrapper"> <div class="cf-columns two"> <div class="cf-column"> <h2>What happened?</h2> <p>The origin web server timed out responding to this request.</p> </div> <div class="cf-column"> <h2>What can I do?</h2> <h5>If you're a visitor of this website:</h5> <p>Please try again in a few minutes.</p> <h5>If you're the owner of this website:</h5> <p><span>The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.</span> <a href="https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171926-Error-524">Additional troubleshooting information here.</a></p> </div> </div> </div><!-- /.section --> <div class="cf-error-footer cf-wrapper"> <p> <span class="cf-footer-item">Cloudflare Ray ID: <strong>5678b4462d90c37c</strong></span> <span class="cf-footer-separator">&bull;</span> <span class="cf-footer-item"><span>Your IP</span>: 180.129.12.107</span> <span class="cf-footer-separator">&bull;</span> <span class="cf-footer-item"><span>Performance &amp; security by</span> <a href="https://www.cloudflare.com/5xx-error-landing?utm_source=error_footer" id="brand_link" target="_blank">Cloudflare</a></span> </p> </div><!-- /.error-footer --> </div><!-- /#cf-error-details --> </div><!-- /#cf-wrapper --> </body> </html>

i re run the upgrade can passed through. but it aborted about and got the following error. anyone can help?

Code:
    Startup Errors
    Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
    • The 'cache/css' (OR wherever you set as css file location) directory and/or its sub directories is/are not writable. Please make sure that this directory and its sub directories are writable by your web server.

Comment

The first error was a server error:

The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.
      The second error is exactly as it states, the upgrade system cannot write out the new CSS files because it can't write to the directory. In 5.5.6, the default directory is /core/cache/css. In older versions it is /core/clientscript/vbulletin_css. These directories should have 777 permissions.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        The first error was a server error:

The second error is exactly as it states, the upgrade system cannot write out the new CSS files because it can't write to the directory. In 5.5.6, the default directory is /core/cache/css. In older versions it is /core/clientscript/vbulletin_css. These directories should have 777 permissions.
        Hi Luke, I changed /core/cache/css permission to 777 but the same error still persist. what should i do next?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 5.56.01 AM.png
Views:	93
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	4434973
        Last edited by holymannn; Wed 19th Feb '20, 12:56pm.

Comment

Check with your hosting provider on why that isn't working.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Check with your hosting provider on why that isn't working.
            I created this directory /core/clientscript/vbulletin_css which not existed on 5.5.6 /forum and put the permission to 777. the installation finished with no more error. after deleted the installation folder. I can go to my main frontpage but login area return 404 error. same for forum/admincp, also return 404 error. what I can do next?

Comment

It seems for some reason, you deleted your previous files and replaced them. This is causing anomalies in your setup due to the thousand or so issues resolved since your last upgrade. Replace the .htaccess file with the one in the 5.5.6 download package.

Wayne Luke

Comment

It seems for some reason, you deleted your previous files and replaced them. This is causing anomalies in your setup due to the thousand or so issues resolved since your last upgrade. Replace the .htaccess file with the one in the 5.5.6 download package.
                No luck. i try to redo the upgrade again on fresh database with new vb5.5.6 files. now i got the following error during the XML process.

Code:
                Fatal Error Occurred

Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null on /home/dpfforum/public_html/core/includes/functions.php : 1846

Script: final
                Step: 4
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 8.05.07 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	4435230

Comment

If you refresh the page, does it complete?
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    If you refresh the page, does it complete?
                    no, the following same error again

Code:
                    Startup Errors
                    • The 'cache/css' (OR wherever you set as css file location) directory and/or its sub directories is/are not writable. Please make sure that this directory and its sub directories are writable by your web server.
                    i put cache/css to permission 777, still the same error above. Now i am back to post 6 issue

Originally posted by holymannn View Post
                    I created this directory /core/clientscript/vbulletin_css which not existed on 5.5.6 /forum and put the permission to 777. the installation finished with no more error. after deleted the installation folder. I can go to my main frontpage but login area return 404 error. same for forum/admincp, also return 404 error. what I can do next?

Comment

Originally posted by holymannn View Post

no, the following same error again

Code:
                      Startup Errors
                      i put cache/css to permission 777, still the same error above. Now i am back to post 6 issue

I edited the cssfilelocation at setting (database) from /clientscript/vbulletin_css to /cache/css and refresh the upgrade.php. the installation is completed without error. I can access to /forum/admincp but blank screen when i click on 'login or sign up' at frontpage. how to fix that?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 11.37.35 PM.png
Views:	57
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	4435246
                      Last edited by holymannn; Sun 23rd Feb '20, 6:38am.

Comment

i got the error bellow when i performed the inspect element. Anyone can help?

Code:
                        [Error] Refused to load https://forum.xxx.net/auth/login-form because it does not appear in the frame-ancestors directive of the Content Security Policy.
                        and

Code:
                        Sandbox access violation: Blocked a frame at "http://forum.xxx.net" from accessing a frame at "null".  The frame being accessed is sandboxed and lacks the "allow-same-origin" flag.

Comment

You're actually making this very difficult to troubleshoot with these constant updates and changes of problem.

If you need our assistance, it is best to post the request and then wait until we are able to reply. Absolutely, definitely don't go editing the database or files. If you do that, you risk permanently breaking your site. There is no fault with any of the files or the upgrade script.

So, with that in mind, what stage are you at with the upgrade and what error are you now seeing please?
                          Last edited by Mark.B; Sun 23rd Feb '20, 2:47pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                            You're actually making this very difficult to troubleshoot with these constant updates and changes of problem.

If you need our assistance, it is best to post the request and then wait until we are able to reply. Absolutely, definitely don't go editing the database or files. If you do that, you risk permanently breaking your site. There is no fault with any of the files or the upgrade script.

So, with that in mind, what stage are you at with the upgrade and what error are you now seeing please?
                            Sorry MarkB, i just can not help to try.

i redo all over again as below
                            1. created new database and restore 5.4.4 database to this new database
                            2. zipped all files in upload folder and extract it at root directory (as i am using subdomain forum.xxx.com, hence, i extracted the files in public_html and not public_html/forum)
                            3. changed all directories to permission 755 and files to 644. while core/cache folder permission to 777.
                            4. rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess
                            5. rename config.php.bkp to config.php and config.php.new to config.php and edit the database info
                            6. run the php -f upgrade.php in command line

after about 10mins, i am getting the following message

Code:
                            Import Done

Step 17 - Resetting cache

Step 18 - Skipping step, not needed

Step 19 - Import the password schemes

Step 20 - Adding default notification category & type data.

Step 21 - Check for updated phrases.

Step 22 - Merge template changes

Conflict when merging template: header (style: 42)

Merged template successfully: login_form (style: 42)

Processed 4 records starting at 0

Template merges complete. Rebuilding style information. This could take a while...

Merge template changes

Processing Complete

Upgrade Complete

Please note that the 'cache/css' (Or wherever you set as css file location) directory and its sub directories need to be writable by your web server. If you did not execute this upgrade as the user under which your web server operates, there may have been files and folders written to 'cache/css' that are not writable. If you encounter error messages about not being able to write to the 'cache/css' directory within the admin cp, check that this directory and its sub directories allow your web server to write to them.

[email protected] [install]#
                            i assumed the upgrade is completed. right?

7. deleted the install folder.
                            8. Tried to access to my forum frontpage. think the page not loaded. correctly as below.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.49.48 PM.png
Views:	65
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	4435320

9. Tried to access /admincp. able to login with no issue.

now what should i do to make the frontpage and login loaded correctly?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.47.01 PM.png
Views:	38
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	4435321

should i change the css location to cache/css?

Comment

If the page is loading like that, then check that mod_rewrite is enabled on the server, and that allow_override is set to 'All' (also a server setting).

Comment