Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade from 4.2 to 5.5 can't login

Hi

I upgraded from 4.2 to 5.5 upgrade process trough command line finished without errors.
    I logged in my forum and edited some forum permissions and after a while I was logged out or session timed out I don't know exactly then I tried to re-login I got this error :

You do not have a valid password configured for your account. Please reset your password via the reset password link.

After clicking reset password link I entered my email adres and hit send email button but then nothing happens and there are no errors displayed.

So I checked user table and noticed that password column is disappeared and scrolled a little bit to the right and saw a token and scheme column with blowfish:15.

As password column is disappeared I have no idea how other users will login ?

I manually edited setting and datastore table to the right domain and email adresse

I am testing right now, I have backup and old forum is still live on a different webserver.

please advice

thank you

some extra info:

web developer tool displays : Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) auth/lostpw

see image in the attachment

Attached Files

Comment

You'll need to find out what that server error actually is. It should be in your server logs. Your host can assist if required.

However, you should not have edited the database - it may now not be possible to recover this and there's a possibility you may need to restore the database from backup and run the upgrade again.

As a rule of thumb - never, ever edit the database unless instructed by us.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark thanks for advice but I didn't know how to change forum home URL because after login it was redirecting me to my old 4.2 forum so I thought that's the only way to go
        if you know how to change that before or after excuting database sql file please let me know.

I changed permissions of all .js files and folders to 755 but that did not help.

please check screenshot in the attachment means that nothing?

Attached Files

Comment

There is no password field in the user table in vBulletin 5 Connect. This is by design.

We don't store passwords for users. We store tokens that represent the password. The code doesn't know how the token looks until it reads the value and the scheme from the database. For instance, in a recently upgraded site, the users should have a password scheme of 'legacy'. We consider this password scheme to be insecure since it uses a variation of MD5 hashing. When a user has this scheme, they should still be able to log in but the software will save the token in a more secure format if possible. On most systems, this is the Blowfish algorithm with a security cost of 15. The cost means it should take at least half a second to hash the password for checking. You want to take as much time as possible doing this because it makes the hash more secure.

If you're using PHP 7.3 or higher and have the Argon2ID hashing scheme installed in PHP, then versions 5.5.5 and higher will use this password hashing scheme. It is more secure than Blowfish. In the future when a stronger hashing algorithm is added to PHP, then we can add it to the system and it will take over automatically.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne

I am sure it is changed because it stronger encryption but how do I solve my problem ?
            The user tabel columns token and scheme are there only first user in this case me it displays blowfish:15 and all the other users legacy. thus those tables are ok am I right ?

Comment

Sent you a private message.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

changed php 7.1 to php 7.3 and run upgrade script again and everything seems ok
                Last edited by emral; Tue 18th Feb '20, 2:25pm.

Comment