3.5.2 -> 5.5.6 upgrade issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5.2 -> 5.5.6 upgrade issues

Hello, I am attempting tp upgrade our forum from 3.5.2 to 5.5.6.

Our database is 1.7 gb in size, so I am running the upgrade script via SSH per recommendation.

Server info:

shared hosting

cPanel Version 78.0 (build 46)
    Apache Version 2.4.39
    PHP Version 7.2.24
    MySQL Version 5.7.23-23

When I run the upgrade script

php -f upgrade.php

I get this error:

https://postimg.cc/87N6dXHv

Plz advise, thx.

It does this same error on all my backups, going back at least six years.
    Last edited by Phoron; Fri 14 Feb '20, 6:41pm.

You most likely have a bunch of records in your database with no phrasetype and the description "Reserved for future vBulletin Use." I do not know why they are there. Delete all of these records from the database then restart the upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You most likely have a bunch of records in your database with no phrasetype and the description "Reserved for future vBulletin Use." I do not know why they are there. Delete all of these records from the database then restart the upgrade.
      Thanks, that helped. Here's where I'm at now

https://postimg.cc/d7p74DyD

Comment

Run this query against the database:

Code:
        DELETE r1 FROM reputation r1
          INNER JOIN reputation r2
        WHERE r1.reputationid < r2.reputationid
        AND   r1.whoadded = r2.whoadded
        AND   r1.postid  = r2.postid;
        If you have a table prefix defined, you'll need to add it to the two instances of reputation in the query.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Run this query against the database:

Code:
          DELETE r1 FROM reputation r1
          INNER JOIN reputation r2
          WHERE r1.reputationid < r2.reputationid
          AND r1.whoadded = r2.whoadded
          AND r1.postid = r2.postid;
          If you have a table prefix defined, you'll need to add it to the two instances of reputation in the query.
          Cool, that seemed to work. I dont think I have a prefix for that table.

I am a noob when it comes to sql so I appreciate your forbearance

Here's where I'm at now

https://postimg.cc/v1V2Zq5B

When it comes to 3.7 beta 4, I just get an open prompt and nothing

Comment

My upgrade is stalled out. I have tried running the upgrade script several times again from the command line but wind up with an open command prompt

screenshot:
            https://i.postimg.cc/HnvhTL7z/Clipboard04.jpg

Any idea whats going on here?

Comment

have no idea. What did the hosting provider say about the error: Resource Temporarily Unavailable?

Wayne Luke

Comment

have no idea. What did the hosting provider say about the error: Resource Temporarily Unavailable?
                For some reason I am no longer getting that particular error.

There is an error log being generated in the core folder whenever I attempt to run upgrade.php

Error log reads:

[21-Feb-2020 01:00:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error: The core/includes/xml/bitfield_vbulletin.xml file is out of date. Please ensure you have uploaded the correct file.
                in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/forum2/core/install/includes/class_upgrade_cli.php on line 384

md5 checksum of my bitfield_vbulletin.xml

b12134a75c7f254be2563927f07b226a

I have deleted the old files, then reuploaded all the required folders and files from vbulletin 5.5.6, but when I attempt to run upgrade.php, I still wind up with an open prompt and the aforementioned error log that's generated as a result...
                Last edited by Phoron; Thu 20 Feb '20, 5:23pm.

Comment

Can you try running the upgrader from the browser address bar using this command?

upgrade.php?version=370b4&step=2

Wayne Luke

Comment

Can you try running the upgrader from the browser address bar using this command?

upgrade.php?version=370b4&step=2
                    Yes... it did this:

Code:
                    An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.
                    Module: 370b4, Step 15 Database Error:1064
                    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0) | IF(permissions & 2, , 0) | IF(permissions & 131072, , 0) | ' at line 4
                    Query:

UPDATE moderator SET permissions2 = permissions2 | IF(permissions & 1, , 0) | IF(permissions & 2, , 0) | IF(permissions & 131072, , 0) | IF(permissions & 64, , 0)

Script: 370b4
                    Step: 15

Comment

I think this can be patched. Let me see if I can get the files.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Replace the file in the /core/install/includes directory with the one below.
                        Attached Files

Wayne Luke

Comment

Replaced file and ran upgrade from browser window as per post 9 on this thread

We got another error a little further down the line this time

Code:
                          An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.
                          Module: 370b6, Step 11 Database Error:1064
                          You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 65536, 0)' at line 3
                          Query:

UPDATE moderator SET permissions2 = permissions2 | IF(permissions & , 65536, 0)

Script: 370b6
                          Step: 11

Comment

The problem with these steps is that they are old and haven't been looked at in a long time. My guess is that you're using something higher than PHP 7.1 and that is causing all the errors. I have a developer willing to work through all the issues and fix as necessary to get to the 5.X series of steps. However, to do that he needs a copy of the database that you're working to upgrade.

If you can make the database available to us or provide access to the servers, please let us know how to proceed.

The alternative is to downgrade to PHP 7.1 until you've upgraded to 4.2.5 and then change back to the newer version of PHP to continue the upgrade.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The problem with these steps is that they are old and haven't been looked at in a long time. My guess is that you're using something higher than PHP 7.1 and that is causing all the errors. I have a developer willing to work through all the issues and fix as necessary to get to the 5.X series of steps. However, to do that he needs a copy of the database that you're working to upgrade.

If you can make the database available to us or provide access to the servers, please let us know how to proceed.

The alternative is to downgrade to PHP 7.1 until you've upgraded to 4.2.5 and then change back to the newer version of PHP to continue the upgrade.
                              Thanks Wayne... I set us to run on PHP 7.1 but the upgrader keeps on throwing the same error. I will PM you the logon info a little later on today.

Comment