md5_sums_vbulletin.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• md5_sums_vbulletin.php

vbulletin upgrade is being stopped because vbulletin says it's writable, and to make sure that it's not writable. I have it's file permissions set at 444, Everything can read, but not write, but it's still not happy with this.

I believe you have to have the permissions at 0644 in order for the Owner to be able to write to the server.

Comment

So I disconnected from my FTP and then reconnected, and then checking the properties on the file, it was set to writable again. I think that's the problem, it's just not saving when I uncheck "write". I have no idea what to do now. I've tried editing it in both coreftp and FileZilla, and my changes will not stick. Guess I’ll have to open a ticket with my host company.
      Last edited by Valkysas; Wed 12th Feb '20, 3:51pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
        So I disconnected from my FTP and then reconnected, and then checking the properties on the file, it was set to writable again. I think that's the problem, it's just not saving when I uncheck "write". I have no idea what to do now. I've tried editing it in both coreftp and FileZilla, and my changes will not stick. Guess I’ll have to open a ticket with my host company.
        vBulletin Support has no way of knowing your database name and master password. Both have to match exactly in the config.php file in order to run the install or upgrade scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
          I believe you have to have the permissions at 0644 in order for the Owner to be able to write to the server.
          You don't actually want the owner to be able to write to this file on a production site. The recommendation is so that the file isn't altered to obscure other changes during a potential exploit.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• In Omnibus
            In Omnibus commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes perfect sense. I based the 0644 permissions upon those assigned to the md5_sums_vbulletin.php file located within the /core/includes folder on my test installation.

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
          It shouldn't actually stop the upgrade. If you're using the web upgrader, then you just have to click the Confirm button and it will continue. If you're using the CLI upgrader, the input to confirm and continue is 2.

If you can't change file permissions via your SFTP client, you must discuss this with your hosting provider.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment