• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL database username/password issue

Getting this error during upgrade:

Startup Errors

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
    • Error description: 2: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'valkysas_valkysa'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the core/includes/config.php file

The username and password for this MySQL forum database has been the same for the past 15 years. It's correct. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Originally posted by Valkysas View Post
    Getting this error during upgrade:

Startup Errors

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
    • Error description: 2: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'valkysas_valkysa'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the core/includes/config.php file

The username and password for this MySQL forum database has been the same for the past 15 years. It's correct. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?
    This is something that only be resolved by your host or database administrator.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Can you give me more information? They're saying I should just update the password for the MySQL database, but the password already matches. I never had a problem with the login information on my previous vbulletin 3.8.7 installation, and it hasn't changed since.

Comment

MySQL is saying that the database information included in your /core/includes/config.php file is not correct. Does the information in this file match what it should be?

If so, and you didn't change this on the server, you should ask your hosting provider how to update the username and password on the server and then change the information in the /core/includes/config.php file to match what the new values on the server are.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yeah, the information matches.

Edit: just changed it, and yeah it's working now. That was dumb. Sorry!
            Last edited by Valkysas; Wed 12th Feb '20, 2:19pm.

Comment