Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null (upgrade from vb 4.2.5 to vb 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null (upgrade from vb 4.2.5 to vb 5)

I need to upgrade a licensed 4.2.5 to last version of vb5.

I've read several times this FAQ and other threads in the forum that are very similar:
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...lletin-connect

So i follow all the step but when it's time to upgrade with:
    https://www.mydomain/forum/core/install/upgrade.php

i receive this error: "Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null "

If i launch a "clean install" with:
    https://www.mydomain/forum/core/install/install.php
    there are not problem and vb5 could be installed without problem.

I've configured the config.php ($config['Database']['dbname']) using a copy of the vb 4.2.5 database. I tested the "official" db too, but i receive the same error.

I tested the upgrade starting from a fresh vb5 db and the upgrade process work fine, so i think that there is something wrong in the "old" vb 4.2.5. database.

I'm running on php7.1 and mysql 5.6.46.

Thank u for help.

Did you delete your vBulletin 4.2.5 files before upgrading? This is a critical step.

vBulletin 5 will not run with a 4.2.5 database. The database structure of the two applications is completely different.

If you run install.php, you will lose your data. There is no way to import data from 4.2.5 after an install has been completed. You must use the upgrade scripts to import your vBulletin 4.2.5 data.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yes, i did, old files was deleted.
      So, if i Need a differenti db structure in the config.php what database i Need specify ? A clean db or ?
      Thank u.

Comment

You should specify the 4.2.5 database that you want to run the upgrade script on. You shouldn't be running install.php at all if you want to upgrade.

I can't solve the error posted because there are a lot of steps in an upgrade and I have no idea which step you're on in the upgrade script.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The upgrade script wan't start, the first message i receive is the subject of this thread: "Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null".

Is the first one, for example i do not receive the questione about customer id.

Comment

What is the value of your Super Administrators in your /core/includes/config.php file? Make sure your administrator userid (It is numerical not a word) is in this array.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yes, there is.
              I enable the debug mode and i receive this.
              Can help to find the problem ?
              I replace MYDOMAIN HOST LOGIN PASSWORD of course.

Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on null ## MYDOMAIN/core/includes/functions.php(1846) Exception Thrown #0 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/mail.php(514): vbdate('d/m/Y') #1 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/mail.php(405): vB_Mail->doShortcodeReplacements() #2 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/mail.php(139): vB_Mail->send() #3 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/exception/database.php(92): vB_Mail::vbmail('[email protected]', 'Database Error', '\n\t\t\tDatabase er...', true, '[email protected]', '', '', true) #4 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/database.php(1138): vB_Exception_Database->__construct('\n\t\t\tDatabase er...', Array, 0, true) #5 [internal function]: vB_Database->catch_db_error(2, 'mysqli_real_con...', '/web/htdocs/www...', 97, Array) #6 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/database/mysqli.php(97): mysqli_real_connect(Object(mysqli), 'HOST', 'LOGIN', 'PASSWORD', '', '') #7 MYDOMAIN/core/vb/database/mysqli.php(153): vB_Database_MySQLi->db_connect('HOST', '', 'LOGIN', 'PASSWORD', false, '') #8 MYDOMAIN/core/install/includes/class_upgrade.php(1789): vB_Database_MySQLi->getInitialClientCharset() #9 MYDOMAIN/core/install/includes/class_upgrade.php(896): vB_Upgrade_Abstract->setup_environment() #10 MYDOMAIN/core/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php(80): vB_Upgrade_Abstract->__construct(Object(vB_Registry), Array, 'upgrade') #11 MYDOMAIN/core/install/includes/class_upgrade.php(54): vB_Upgrade_Ajax->__construct(Object(vB_Registry), Array, 'upgrade', NULL, Array) #12 MYDOMAIN/core/install/upgrade.php(156): vB_Upgrade::fetch_library(Object(vB_Registry), Array, '', true) #13 {main}

Comment

It is trying to send your administrator a database error. It cannot connect to your database with the information provided.

Is the database connection information in your /core/includes/config.php file correct?

Also make sure your technical contact email in the /core/includes/config.php file is correct.
                Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 29th Jan '20, 1:17pm.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Good news.
                  I've uncommented this line:
                  $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';

and the upgrade process started !

Comment