5.5.6 Modules - 4 quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.5.6 Modules - 4 quick questions

SAVING AND REUSING MODULES? When creating a module like a custom static html module, I can paste in the code for a paypal donate link for example. But if I want to put this on a test page to experiment with the site builder, I have to recreate the module from scratch. It's mostly just copy and paste html, but seems in the module gallery that there should be some way that these custom modules with different names are there so we can just grab our custom ones and drop them into the page. Is this possible?

TODAY'S POST MODULE? Is there a way to create a Today's Post Module? More specifically, I'd like to create a module that shows the last 25 posts for example regardless of the date. How can I do it?

DOWNLOAD OTHER MODULES? I like this drag and drop system, obsoletes the old vbadvanced plugin system for the old forums. Is there a library somewhere of custom modules people have made that can be downloaded or something similar to plugins?

WHAT'S GOING ON MODULE? Is it possible to show the users as their username in text? Most don't have avatar's and it doesn't look good to have all those anonymous heads there.

Custom Modules - In the early days of vBulletin 5, we had a custom module system. Unfortunately, it was horribly broken. So much so, that it was removed. It is functionality that we want to improve and return in the future. If you have the same HTML to reuse on multiple pages, you can put it in a Custom Template using the Style Manager (choose Add new Template from the drop down). Then using the "Display Template" module. Then you just have to give it the template name of your custom template.

Today's Post Module - This would just be a Search Module. You can tell it how many days to look back in the module configuration.

Download Other Modules - You can look at https://www.vbulletin.org and https://vbmods.rocks.

What's Going On Module - Display Avatars is an option in the module that you can turn off. You can click the pencil icon of any module to edit its options.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks, didn't notice the avatars option before.

In Activity Stream Module, is there a way to add a 4th tab so it can show the last 20 posts for example?

I tried to create my own tabbed setup like that with 4 tabs but can't replicate Forums, etc. in their own tabs.
      Last edited by energetic-forum; Fri 17th Jan '20, 2:56pm.

Comment

I guess this works well enough.

Multi tab, 1st tab is last 30 posts and 2nd is a tab called Forums, Latest Activity & My Subscriptions - then I just dropped the activity stream in there for that tab's content.

Comment

You cannot add a fourth tab to the Activity Stream for this purpose.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment