X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Today's Posts works for me.

Both New Topics and Today's Posts should show the search results as Topics. I am really uncertain as to why they use different text but it has been that way since vBulletin 3 at the earliest. I don't really remember vBulletin 1.X or 2.x as they were two decades ago.

New Topics should list any unread topic that has been created or had a reply since the user's last visit. Once a topic is read, it is no longer new and removed from subsequent searches.

Since there is no way to track when a guest visited last or what they have read, we present "Today's Topics" which shows all topics that have been created or had a reply in the last 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• energetic-forum
    replied
    Thanks, the search now works in www.energeticforum.com now even when not logged in.

The Today's Post button also works now as well and I did not change anything other than unchecking search in the human verification section so that appears to be resolved.

Can you verify that the Today's Post button only shows up when not logged in? It turns into New Topics after logging in.

Today's Posts are individual posts no matter what thread someone is in and it appears that New Topics are not individual posts but rather New threads that were started for different topics. Am I understanding that correct?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The first issue sounds like either a permission or captcha issue. Make sure that Captcha isn't set on Search under Settings -> Options -> Human Verification Options. For Channel Permissions, you should review both the usergroup permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager and the channel permissions under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions.

For the other issue, it is best to follow up in your existing installation ticket.

Leave a comment:

• energetic-forum
    started a topic Trevor H. new upgrade - search not working at all

Trevor H. new upgrade - search not working at all

Trevor upgraded 2 forums yesterday - energyscienceforum.com and energeticforum.com.

energeticforum.com search does not work when not logged in but does when logged in.

It works in both cases on energyscienceforum.com

Also, clicking on Today's Post - does not work. Goes to a blank page.
    Last edited by energetic-forum; Thu 9th Jan '20, 7:20am.