Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move from MySql 5.5 to MySql 5.7

Hi!

I recently did an upgrade from vb4 (which was in a mysql 5.5 database) to vb5. As the upgrade forces you to point to your previous vb4 database, the new vb5 keeps the old database with mysql 5.5.

So the question is: is there any way to move from an old mysql 5.5 database to a new 5.7 database?

Thanks.

Upgrading MySQL is outside the scope of our support. Your hosting provider should be able to do this. If you manage your own server, you will find instructions on upgrading MySQL in their manual here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/upgrading.html

To upgrade a single database, the easiest way to do this is to export it as SQL on the old MySQL server and import the SQL on the new MySQL server.

Upgrading to MySQL 5.7 should be seamless and not impact vBulletin. Though, you will probably want to make a backup before the MySQL server is updated just in case.

Upgrading to MySQL 8 can cause upgrading from vBulletin 4.X to vBulletin 5.X to fail. This is due to some added reserved words that we use in the database structure. vBulletin 5.5.6 should resolve this issue.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Will you recomend to move to 5.7 or stay in 5.5?

Thanks.

Comment

My local server is using MySQL 8.0.12 for vBulletin 5.X. I recommend 5.7 or higher. You'll get significant performance benefits just from that.

If more people upgraded to 5.7 and higher, we can take advantage of the advanced tools in MySQL within the software.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hi Wayne, thanks for the support.

I'll move it to 5.7.

I am also trying to change the DB engine to InnoDB but when using MyISAMFIX i get the following error in SSH (using Putty 64 but):

<b>Fatal error</b>: Undefined class name 'phar' in <b>.../tools/myisamfix.phar</b> on line <b>2</b><br />

Any help? Thanks.

Comment

Talk to your server administrator and have them make sure that PHAR is enabled in PHP. It should be enabled by default and there is no logical reason for it to be disabled on a PHP 7.1 or higher server.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks, I'll do it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X