Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error after upgrading from vb4 to vb5

Hello, how are you friends?

I get errors in my forums after upgrading from vb4 to vb5 latest version.

- When I put my website into maintenance mode ( using options ), I found this error message " Warning: Use of undefined constant title - assumed 'title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ni10glco/public_html/vb/includes/vb5/template.php(400) : eval()'d code on line 4 ".

- When I save an option into my website admin panel, I found this error message which appears for few seconds and disappear. ( attached ).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-08_13-23-51.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	4428995

I changed my php version to 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 but these messages didn't be solved.
    Please tell me how to solve them.

Thank you.

Turn off Display Errors in your PHP Installation's INI file.

If you don't know how to do this then add the following line to your /core/includes/config.php file under <?:

Code:
     ini_set('display_errors',0);
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I don't want to turn it off. I want everything to work fine into my website.
      I tried another website which uses the same PHP version I use, and everything there was ok.
      So I want to know what is that error for to contact my hosting support to solve it.

So could anyone her can help plz ??

Thanx.

Comment

It isn't actually an error, it is a warning. Warnings do not impact the running of the site. It is simply telling you that something won't work in a future version of php and it is therefore not a concern for you at this time.

It will be addressed in the software when compatibility with that same future version of php is added.

A production server should not be displaying warnings on screen, hence why you need to turn them off.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Ok, can you please tell me about this issue? (attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            That is your browser blocking content. Most likely an HTTPS security mismatch.