Upgrade Failed from 5.5.2 PL2 to 5.5.4 PL2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Failed from 5.5.2 PL2 to 5.5.4 PL2

Spent a little time this morning trying to upgrade to 5.5.4 PL2.
    Got the following error at stage 2 of 5.5.2 where it does :

I get this error

Unexpected Text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75497472 bytes) in <b>/home/mocgb10/public_html/forums/core/vb/cache/db.php</b> on line <b>227</b><br />

Script: final

Step: 2

Upgrade Progress
    • Step 2 - Unexpected Text:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    • <br />
    • <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75497472 bytes) in <b>/home/mocgb10/public_html/forums/core/vb/cache/db.php</b> on line <b>227</b><br />

Increased Memory size upgrade from within my Cpanel control

Unexpected Text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 385875968 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in <b>/home/mocgb10/public_html/forums/core/vb/cache/db.php</b> on line <b>237</b><br />

Script: final

Step: 2

Keep increasing the memory is not helping and I cannot extend it beyond 1G

I did open the forum and have a check, and it thinks it is at 5.5.4 PL2, but I know the upgrade script has not completed. I have shut the forum down and am restoring from backup.
    Any idea why this has happened ?
    I tried to run the script a number of times, and from different browsers, each with the same results.
    I appear to be stuck at 5.5.2 PL2 currently.
    I may try a single step to 5.5.3 PL2 tomorrow and see if I can get there without issues.
    Regards
    Mark
    Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain

The Settings.

Comment

It failed again this morning, going from VB 5.5.2 PL2 to VB 5.5.3 PL2, and it is failing at the same stage (Step 2 - XML).

Restoring from backup again. Any idea why this is happening ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Step 2 is importing the Admin Help text. This is located in the file /core/install/vbulletin-adminhelp.xml. This file is only ~100 kilobytes in size.

Do you have the proper XML libraries installed within PHP?
        Do you have all the System Requirements for vBulletin installed?
        Does the suspect file diagnostic report any files that have been altered?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I have not changed anything related to XML and the System Requirements look OK.
          What I uncovered early Sunday morning, was that the Hosting Company was able to complete the upgrade consistently, but mine kept timing out/failing.
          In 2 weeks I will go from 5.5.3 PL2 to 5.5.4 PL2, using a wired connection, not wireless and if that fails will try a Mobile Broadband connection as a fallback.
          I cannot explain why it would fail for me (5 times Sat and 3 times Sunday) and yet would work for the Support Team at my Hosting company.

Regards
          Mark

Comment

Did they run the upgrade using a web browser or the command line?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It was performed via Firefox. As confirmed by my hosting company.
              The last upgrade was the 5.5.2 Security Patch, which was a copy of the files and no activity from the Browser.
              If I recall correctly, my upgrade prior to that did fail in the same area, and I was advised to run it again, which I did, and it worked.
              Prior to that, it was a professional upgrade carried out via vBulletin from VB4 to VB5.
              Mark

Comment