Fatal Error Occurred - Script: 500a29 Step: 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error Occurred - Script: 500a29 Step: 5

AARRGGHHH -- all night upgrade process to get the latest version up and 25% into the upgrade received:

-----------
    Fatal Error Occurred

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'member INNER JOIN node AS n ON n.oldid = member.groupid AND n.oldcontenttypeid =' at line 3 on C:\inetpub\thepath\core\vb\db\query\stored.php : 126

Script: 500a29
    Step: 5
    -----------

Got the above error in the middle of upgrading a 4.2 to 5.5.4p2

PHP 7.3.1
    MySQL 8.0.18
    Windows server 2019

Happened at:
    • Upgrading to 5.0.0 Alpha 29
    • Step 1 - Skipping step, not needed
    • Step 2 - Importing Group Categories
    • Step 3 - Importing Groups
    • Processing 2 records
    • Step 3 - Processed 2 records
    • Process done
    • Step 4 - Assigning Group Owners
    • Step 5 - Fatal Error Occurred

----------------

Anyone PLEASE have a clue how to get past that?

I won't pretend to understand this but I think it's ominous that the line starts with "Beginning with MySQL 8.0.18"

Beginning with MySQL 8.0.18, MySQL employs a hash join for any query for which each join has an equi-join condition and uses no indexes, such as this one:
    https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/hash-joins.html

Can the Vbull upgrade script be modified easily or can I roll-back a version of MySQL?

Comment

The issue here is that 'member' is a reserved word in MySQL 8+. This is a known issue and will be fixed in 5.5.6. Here is the bug report: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19751

Currently the workaround is to use MySQL 5.7 for the upgrade.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Double AAARRGGHHH (because I shouldn't swear!)

I followed the install requirement suggestion of "MySQL 8 or greater" and have had the server off-line for 8 hours+ doing this upgrade.

Time to back-track and restore the old server from a back-up.

Thanks for nuffin MySQL

...thanks Wayne for the fast reply and to save me pulling more hair. It must have been recent as the test install a week ago was fine on 8.0.1(6 or 7)

Comment

I am sorry. It is something we just discovered. We don't always test every upgrade step on every version of MySQL or with every build. Hopefully, we'll be more vigilant in the future.

member was added in 8.0.17. Once you're past the upgrade steps, then you shouldn't have any problems with 8.0.X

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks Wayne.
            Unfortunately MySQL only shows the download for 8.0.18 so I can't even do a full rebuild using 8.0.16 as I don't have it!

Hopefully Vbull 5.5.5 comes out of beta soon and 5.5.6 gets going. Any idea on version timing?

Comment

5.5.5 will be probably be released in 7-10 days unless something drastic is found in it. 5.5.6 is currently in development.

Wayne Luke

Comment