Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade Problem 5.0.5 to 5.5.4, need help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Problem 5.0.5 to 5.5.4, need help!

Hi

I attempted to upgrade a 5.0.5 Installation of VBulletin Connect to the latest, currently 5.5.4. Fortunately I did it on a test installation because the upgrade script does not finish. Here's the Error:

Upgrading to 5.5.4
    510a5 Step #4
    Fatal Error Occurred
    Error Could not find phrase 'invalidid'. Arguments given were: "15' on /*****************/forum/core/vb/api/usergroup.php : 273
    Script: 510a5
    Step: 4

Hope someone can tell me how to fix this error!

Best regards,
    Jürgen

Make sure your server meets the System Requirements of vBulletin 5.5.X. They are much different than what 5.0.5 will run on.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Actually it had nothing to do with server requirements, as the error message already indicated (invalidid 15). Problem was that users "CMS Author" and "CMS Editor" with id 15 and 16 respectively were missing. Adding them to the sql database made the upgrade finish smoothly. Well, semi smoothly in the end because such a lot of templates were restructured completely :/ I'm still not very fond of this piece of software!

Comment

Originally posted by hej_nbsp View Post
        Actually it had nothing to do with server requirements, as the error message already indicated (invalidid 15). Problem was that users "CMS Author" and "CMS Editor" with id 15 and 16 respectively were missing. Adding them to the sql database made the upgrade finish smoothly. Well, semi smoothly in the end because such a lot of templates were restructured completely :/ I'm still not very fond of this piece of software!
        There have been big changes in the software since 5.0.5, the majority of which have been in response to customer feedback and/or requests.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The CMS Author and CMS Editor usergroups were added in the 5.1.0 upgrade steps. Along with the rest of the CMS.

They should not have any effect on the 5.0.5 upgrade steps.

I am glad that seems to have resolved the issue but it shouldn't have been the cause of it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Did you read the error message at all? it says it fails during the upgrade steps for 510a5 Step #4. Obviously there's something missing in the steps coming from versions prior to 5.1.0.

Comment

Originally posted by hej_nbsp View Post
              Did you read the error message at all? it says it fails during the upgrade steps for 510a5 Step #4. Obviously there's something missing in the steps coming from versions prior to 5.1.0.
              No, there isn't. If there was we'd have hundreds of reports of the problem.

Since you're just looking to be rude to the support staff who are trying to help you, you won't need any further assistance in this topic, so I'll close it.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment