Directory Privacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directory Privacy

when i make any folder in my server Directory Privacy using cpanel server , never successful
    when i .htaccess.disabled from vbulletin 5 folder ... Directory Privacy start and working well
    based on i'm install vb5 in my /public_html
    is there any step in htaccess can i do ?
    Last edited by moded; Tue 8th Oct '19, 7:36am.

vBulletin will not work without the .htaccess we provide. However, it is just a text file. You can edit it to restrict access to the folder using standard .htaccess directives. Your hosting provider can give you the proper code to use in the file. Just place it at the top of the provided .htaccess file.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      vBulletin will not work without the .htaccess we provide. However, it is just a text file. You can edit it to restrict access to the folder using standard .htaccess directives. Your hosting provider can give you the proper code to use in the file. Just place it at the top of the provided .htaccess file.
      when i .htaccess.disabled forum working well but all thread error

when i do like that # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?routestring=$1 [L,QSA]

protected working well
      is there anything can i do in .htaccess ?

Comment

Yeah... As I stated, you can put the .htaccess commands to protect your directory at the top of the provided .htaccess file.

The .htaccess file that we provide does much more than simple rewrites and URL interpretation. It tells the server what cache headers to send with content in order to reduce your bandwidth usage and protects some critical files that shouldn't be on the server but often are. Among other things.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 8th Oct '19, 8:23am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Yeah... As I stated, you can put the .htaccess commands to protect your directory at the top of the provided .htaccess file.
          when i do like what you tell me .. all folder in /public_html ask password !

Comment

That is how .htaccess works. all sub-directories inherit. If you do what I said and ask your Hosting Provider for the specific code to restrict it to a specific directory (i.e. Directory Protect in cPanel) then you wouldn't have this issue. We do not provide server configuration support. What you're asking for is Server Configuration Support.

If your hosting provider won't provide the support you pay them a monthly fee for, then you should consider a new hosting provider. If you decided to "save" money and use an unmanaged server, then you need to learn how to administer that server including how to create your own .htaccess modifications. There are classes for this online along with tens of thousands of tutorials.

Wayne Luke

Comment