Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin hacked, issue after upgrading to Patched version

Hello,

As I have mentioned in another topic, I decided tough to open one of my own. On 1 from 4 forums, after upgrading I am having this issue.
    Can you please assist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-4Z...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for creating a new topic for your issue. This is the preferred method of obtaining support. Posting in another topic will prevent us from providing accurate support.

The video doesn't really provide any valuable information on how to resolve your problem. It just shows a problem. In order for us to understand, you will need to answer the same questions that are always asked for support issues. They are outlines in this topic - https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...obtain-support

In addition to this, your sites need to be put into Debug Mode so we can see the actual error. Internal Server Error is as generic an error as possible.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

1. vBulletin Version - 5.5.4 patched
      2. PHP Version - 7.3.9
      3. MySQL Version - 5.7.27
      4. Any Addons installed - No
      5. Does the issue occur in a default style? - Yes in all the original vbulletin styles
      6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? - Yes
      7. Error message on the screen' - Posted in the video
      8. Browser and Browser version used. - Chrome, Safari,
      9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? Yes
      10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue - Posted in the video
      11. If the issue is an Invalid Server response, the web server and PHP logs that correspond with its timestamp. - any ideea what to search in the log, as my php log has 1 gb...

L.E. I think I have managed to fix this issue. It was caused by the fact that I have also uninstalled tapatalk from the forum but haven`t deleted the /tapatalk/ folder from the /core/packages/ so I think the issue has been fixed. I will let you know if my forums get hacked again.
      Last edited by Cristi_XP; Sun 29th Sep '19, 11:54pm.

Comment

Leaving the Packages directory for an addon can cause problems. Most packages automatically install when the site is loaded.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment