Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NumNum
    replied
    Well, funny thing. I downloaded it, then re-uploaded it in the admincp and now it is working.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The thumbnail of the image the user uploaded is not animated. That is what you are seeing in the post. You can see that when you remove &thumb=1 from the URL, that the original is still animated - https://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/...ine=1567539049

If this worked in the previous version then it would be a regression and a bug report would be needed. It could be that recent security work on image uploads caused this issue. Switching from ImageMagick to GD may temporarily resolve the issue. After switching you would have to rebuild the Thumbnails in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> General Update Tools.

Otherwise, an improvement request would have to be made so the animation is maintained when it is resized to the thumbnail.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    replied
    2,933 bytes on post avatar size.

18,700 bytes on profile avatar size.

Admincp is set to 100000 for the two usergroups, administrators and the one he is a member of.

Max height and width is set to 200 for both usergroups as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the byte size of the original file and what is the byte size that you allow for Avatars on both the Administrator and that user's group? The second values have to be larger than the first for the animation to be retained.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    replied
    Sorry, this is in the wrong forum, please move.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    replied
    Do you know if this was a design change in the software? As I understand it used to be automated next to the post (I cannot verify as there are so few users permitted this). Curious if this is automatically done via the software.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    The avatar next to posts is probably a JPEG conversion. JPEG files are not indexable and therefore cannot display animations.

Leave a comment:

• NumNum
    started a topic Animated avatar stopped working, in certain areas

Animated avatar stopped working, in certain areas

I have a user who has an animated avatar that disappeared and was replaced with the forum default. I as seen here. I have rebuilt the users avatars via the admincp/maintenance tool and it brought back the animated avatar, just not always. It works correctly on his profile page, but it is not animated next to any of his posts, it is only animated on his profile page.

Any idea what would cause this?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X