I can't install vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please see my earlier post.

These are servers issues, not vBulletin issues. The files cannot be read.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I think the problem is that directories are 755, but files are also 755 permission... How can I change file permissions to 644?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        The files are not readable by the server, or don't exist. Assuming you have uploaded them in EXACTLY the structure they have when you downloaded them, then you should check with your hosts about why the files cannot be read.
        I had uploaded all to /home/lebensle/public_html... I changed the permissions on /home, /lebensle and /public_html to 777, for uploading vBulletin 'Upload' through FileZilla, then I used 'Fix permissions' in Centos WebPanel, to 755 for folders and 644 for files...

Comment

umask 0022 - for now, I tried to set umask 0002, but with no results...

Comment

[Wed Sep 04 13:41:10.454558 2019] [:error] [pid 32380:tid 140069142783744] [client 178.24.239.23:50482] SoftException in Application.cpp:404: Mismatch between target UID (1001) and UID (1000) of file "/home/lebensle/public_html/index.php"
            This error means that the file belongs to the user with the id of 1000 but it being called by the user with the id of 1000. This is a server configuration error and the web host can update who owns the files or who calls them. If you are using a secondary SFTP user, you can probably resolve this issue with the SFTP user that was created when you purchased the account.

[Wed Sep 04 14:00:54.581064 2019] [:error] [pid 31510:tid 140068983322368] [client 178.24.239.23:50514] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/lebensle/public_html/home/lebensle/public_html/core/vb/vb.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lebensle/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 45, referer: http://lebenslehre.eu/core/install/install.php
            This means that the user attempting to run the code doesn't have permission because it doesn't own the code, have permission to see the code, or belong to the group that has permission to see the code. It is essentially the same as the first error but provided by a different piece of software on the server.

These errors can be caused by using software like PHP SuExec without proper users and permissions. vBulletin doesn't require PHP SuExec but many hosting providers use it for security purposes. It should really be invisible to vBulletin if configured properly. Only your hosting provider can change the settings of this software, inform you which user should be used to upload files, and make sure permissions are set correctly on your server. vBulletin doesn't care about any of this. The current server settings are simply preventing vBulletin from running.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment